33.

The limo pulls in front of a wide golden gate with the letter M on it. There's an intercom that the driver presses and he talks for a bit before the gates open and the car drives up the driveway.

Looking outside I see a bunch of trees on either side of the driveway.

A dog begins to race after the car with a guy running after it. "Chase," he yells.

The dog stops and looks at the guy, before it barks and runs off again.

Charlie laughs. "Chase, knows I'm here. That why he's running from Brenton."

The car stops next to a golden statue of an angel. It's similar to the one that's outside Buckingham Palace in London.

Evan steps out of the car first and he puts is hand out for Charlie to take and she does.

She touches his chest and says. "Thanks, Evan." She walks off yelling. "Jasper."

Evan's hand is held out for me to take and I do. He smiles at me. "Should I be worried who owns this place?"

I nod. "It's the Moretti Family."

His face pales. "Shit," he looks around and we see heavily armed men around the grounds. "At least we're well protected in the premises of these guys."

I laugh. "That's true."

Jasper walks over to us. He's wearing the same suit he wore this after and I don't see his holster. "Hey, Ariana. I told you I won't have a gun with me for dinner."

Evan grabs my arm and he whispers. "Why didn't you tell me that he had a gun while you were meeting him?"

"I didn't think it was important."

"Whoever you meet is important to me. I don't want you to put your life at any more risk than it is."

What does he mean by 'put your life at anymore risk than it is?' My life isn't in any danger, that I don't know about.

Jasper holds his hand for Evan to shake. "I'm Jasper Moretti."

Evan takes his hand. "Evan Wilson."

"I thought I recognised you. So, when's your next blockbuster coming out?"

Evan wraps his arm around me. "I'm working on a movie now, while I do some modelling at the side for the company that Ariana works for."

A guy with dirty blonde hair wearing a suit walks out the door. He has blue eyes and he looks like his brother.

Standing next to him is a blonde girl and she wearing a short red dress that stops above her knees. Her hair is in a ponytail.

They walk over hand in hand and I recognise them as Lauren and Knox Moretti.

The face of the Moretti group.

A lot of people know that the Moretti Group is a front to all the illegal stuff they do.

I personally don't understand how someone like Lauren can oversee the stuff he does and live happily with him, but I'm not the one in her situation.

I'm in a completely different situation. I'm in love with my best friend while being accidentally engaged to him in the public eye.

To Evan and I it's starting to feel like the real thing, but there's one thing stopping me from getting too close to him and that's Bethany.

Every inch of the mansion reminds me of all the times that he's been with her alone in the house and all the places they could have had sex.