Saving Myself

Last night I feel asleep on the window seat as I didn't want to go to sleep in case we were ambushed.

I don't trust that Bethany wouldn't have planned something like that for me.

After all she tried to have me killed yesterday, but that didn't work.

Today she will be at the farm with the people I thought I could trust in this world.

It turns out the people you trust are the ones that can hurt us the most.

When they get here I hope they will fight for me and not her.

Brad could have gotten the information himself about his daughter since he works for the FBI. He didn't use his brain when it came to that.

Bethany is a manipulative person, all she needs is to gather small information about someone and then she dangle them from a string and make them do whatever she wants.

If you don't do as she says will take you out.

Well actually she'll get someone else to take you out as she doesn't like to get her hands dirty.

For me she's willing to dirty her hands.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and a unknown number pops up on my screen.

Swiping my finger across the screen I answer the call.

Me: Hello?

Voice: Hi, this is Richard. I'm Bethany's father.

Me: What can I do for you, sir?

Richard: Please don't kill my daughter.

Me: Why shouldn't I kill her? She's been trying to kill me since we were twenty-one.

Richard: I'm sorry about that. It's my fault that my daughter has gone off the deep end.

I can't believe he would admit to something like this.

Me: How is it your fault?

Richard: After I sent my daughter to college I got married and my life revolved around my wife and stepkids. I didn't have time to call my daughter and eventually I forgot about her.

Me: That wasn't nice of you, Sir. She always needed her Dad.

Richard: I know. If you can help me get my daughter the help she needs I'll forever be indebted to you.

Me: What kind of help does she need?

Richard: She has bipolar and she wasn't taking care of herself when she pushed you down the stairs. She was doing alright when she was with Evan. Recently she was caught with another guy and she's been doing drugs with him and I think that triggered her to what she's doing now. Bethany doesn't know what she's doing and she needs help.

He starts to beg me.

Richard: Please, I need your help to get my daughter back.

Me: I'll think about it. I have to go.

I hang up on him and shut down my phone.

How did he get my number?

A car pulls into the driveway of the house and I see that it's Evan's car along with three other cars behind it.

Which I'm taking as my brothers and the FBI agent Whitney.

Hans has his gun in his hand and he looks at me. "There's people coming in from the north, south, east and west of the property." He passes me a gun. "You're going to need to protect yourself, sweetheart."