(FTO) Brothers No Matter What [Prologue?]

Mario's pov

Sleeping is bliss, no worry, no pain, no striping idiot, no exploding Innmo, nothing but sweet sweet rest. That is until you are rudely awoken by said Innmo and Striping Idiot having a fight outside of your house. "What the heck made you think it was a good idea to fight outside my house!" I yell at the two as I slam my dorp open. "Oh hey pebble for brains, perfect timing the Bosses said they needed you for a job." David says turning to me before turning back to Innmo and resuming their fight. I growl at them, walk forward slamming my door shut behind me and pushing past them toward the new guild hall. I've calmed slightly down as I reach the guild hall, opening the door I instantly see Ritchie and Brandon standing on their podium, discussing something. "Hey," i grunt out "David said you needed me?" They both turn toward me, Brandon speaking first "Ah, yes Mario, a request came in, specifically asking that a dragon slayer come, and it was deemed an A Rank mission so that means it goes to you." handing me the paper. I do a quick read over, <An escaped prisoner with magic that cancels all magics but dragon slayer magic, be wary carries poison on their person for when/if they encounter dragon slayers> I nod my head saying "Alright i'll go." I turn and leave toward the docks.

(skipping motion sick Mario)

"Urk" i make this noise as i get off the boat. I shake off my motion sickness and head toward the village's location on the map. When i arrive is see that the townspeople are worried but are trying to play it off 'Something's off' I think as my hair stands on end. Reaching the village's town hall I'm greeted with a quick ushering of getting inside "So you are the dragon slayer sent here to help us?" the mayor asks in a hopeful voice. I nod my head saying "I'm Mario the Cavern Dragon Slayer of Divinus Magia." the entire room lets out a sigh. "Is there something wrong?" I ask confused, the mayor speaks "the criminal is much worse than what we put in the request, he has our entire village in fear, because he has a hostage, who is my daughter." I nod and question "So this is a trade off? A dragon slayer for your daughter?" the mayor looks down ashamed "I know it isn't right but she's the only family I have-" "I'll do it." his head snaps up to look at me, "You will?" "What did I just say?" I question him, his face brightens, and he smiles. "So where is this trade off?" I ask wanting to get the hostage out of the way so I can take down this guy. "I have to bring you to him for the trade off." he says, I nod and say "Let's go."

(Time skip to after the trade off, Mario beating the guy, and him getting back to his house.)

'Ugh, that mission was so long' i mentally groan as I head to the guild hall to report in with Ritchie and Brandon. 'Not only that but the guy sliced my shoulder, ugh it throbs, thankfully I didn't smell any poison on it. I need to thank Mitch for being able to tell that later.' I continue in my head as I reach the guild hall. I report in, go back home, clean up my shoulder and put some bandages on it, then I head to sleep.

Mario's shoulder heals without many complaints and there is no sign of poison for weeks, soon Mario forgets about the incident all together. What he is unaware of is that the criminal had outside help. "Well, Well, Mario. It seems that you were chosen to be my victim." (Evil Laughter)