(FTO) "You Know What" (part 6 final)

Outside pov (Not really but it's pretty much everyone's thoughts on what's happening to the dragon slayers)

Everyone is eating breakfast but there isn't much talking, everyone has the same thought process, they're thinking about what David had said 'if the dragon slayers kept the secret about them being family what other secrets do they have?' finally the silence is broken when Jazmena stomps in, book in her hand. "If y'all want to know so badly what's going on then read this." she growls out slamming the book on the table in front of the guild leaders, then proceeds to stomp off, Colin and Mitch follow behind having finished and were mainly their just to watch everyone one, because why not.

Micheal pov

I make the first move toward the book, picking it up i read the title aloud, "Dragon Slayer Magic and it's Side Effects" looking up i see everyone interested. So I open the book to where there is a bookmark and read its contents "Two of the most major side effects that come to a Dragon Slayer are Mating and Heats." My eyes widen again I look up and everyone also has wide eyes, I look back down and continue to read "Mating in terms of normal humans is Soulmate, when eye contact is made with their true love, in both Dragon and Dragon Slayer alike, their mind will begin to call said person 'Mate' and nothing more, aloud you will still call them by their name but in mind never." I begin to feel amazed and continue wanting to know more. "Heats are another story entirely, when a Dragon turns the age of 10 their body will produce hormones of need and longing wanting their mate, for Dragon slayers it starts at the human age of 16. There are two types of heats, Heat and Hatching, which you obtain depending on your gender tells what gender your mate is. Female Dragons and Dragons Slayers can only go through Hatchings, but for males, it's different. If a male Dragon or Dragon Slayer goes through Hatching then that means their mate is male, if they go through Heat then their mate is female."

I pause to take a breath, "Heats, both Heat and Hatching, come once a year and only last a week, but it renders the Dragon and/or Dragon Slayer useless, for they suffer extreme heat, which in turn causes pain, the pain increases if their mate has been found but not claimed. There are two ways to ease the pain, the first being to claim the mate, if unclaimed, which is a simple matter of biting their mate and a tattoo of the Dragon or Dragon Slayer's elemental magic symbol is made in the skin, the other is for if the mate has already been claimed, which is to do as the heat desires and breed with the mate." I finish and am shocked to say the least, 'They suffer this once a week out of an entire year and they do it alone.'

"So now you know," Everyone's head snaps to look at Mitch in the doorway, "But what will you do with this information?" he continues, no one speaks, until "B-Bryan i-is my boyfriend..." we all look to Jakey "D-does that m-mean i'm h-his m-m-mate?" we all look to Mitch, he smiles softly and nods. Jakey squeaks before there's a thump and we all look to see Jakey unconscious with a blush on his face. "So wait, who's rock's for brains mate?" David asks, we all turn to Mitch again, who merely points, we all turn the direction he points "M-ME!?" Kay yells. "A-hum." Mitch says and then Kay falls to the floor, unconscious. "Wait then who are your's and Colins?" I ask turning to Mitch, he gives a small smile, "I don't meet people's eyes, so i don't know who is mine, as for Colin, his is Lily." Lily splutters in the background. "If they know who is their mate is why haven't they tried to ~Claim~ them?" Ritchie asks, "Because, despite what we want, we always put others before ourselves." Mitch says "Explain, please." Silver says. "Bryan wants nothing more than to make Jakey his but, he knows that Jakey isn't ready for something like that so he won't push Jakey to do something he would be uncomfortable with. Mario wants nothing more than to sweep Kay off her feet and dance the night away with her but she is in love with Stu so he stands back and lets Kay live her life. Colin want's Lily but can't control Shadow so he stays away from her the best he can, without pushing her completely away." Mitch explains to us. I see that Jakey and Kay are both awake, thanks to Lo'pho, and are making eye contact, and i know they plan to go to the Dragon Slayers later.

Within the next hour Jakey, Kay, and Lily disappear, only to reappear hours later smiles on their faces blushes on their cheeks and sporting a brand new, fire, rock, and shadow symbol (on each one respectively) on their necks.