(O.Z.) Trials of a Farmer

Bryan pov

I was resting my eyes for a bit after a long day of work, when i hear the crack of lightning, then the boom of thunder not moments later (which comes first?) I sigh and head around my farm gathering the stuff that can't be in the rain and putting them away, then heading inside to make myself supper and then heading to bed.

(time skip)

I wake to a loud crash, one i know isn't thunder, i grumble as i jump up, heading outside to the barn. I enter and see the cause of the crash, Misty knocked over some tools in her fright of the thunderstorm, I sigh, picking them up and placing them on the opposite wall. I walk over to Misty "Easy girl, Ah got ya." i say stroking her mane and she calms, then another rumble of thunder and a flash of lightning Misty bangs against her gate throwing it open and knocking me against the opposite wall, and bolts out the barn "Ow." i groan holding my chest "Definitely leaving a bruise tomorrow." then i head back out into the rain to chase down Misty.

An hour or so passes and finally catch her, I grab her main and throw myself onto her back and steer her to the barn, she runs right in, right back to her pen. I jump off as she realizes she's in her pen then another rumble of thunder and she rears and stomps down, a sickening crack can be heard and i hit the ground my leg broken. "Agh!" I shout and Misty neighs at me worried, I stand up brushing the pain off because adrenaline is pumping through my veins "Ah'm good girl." Then I lock her pen up and head back to the house, as I enter the house the pain in my leg flares and i stumble to the ground "Dang-it! I ain't gonna' get anything done with this leg." then my exhaustion from chasing Misty in the rain catches up to me and i fall asleep.

Outside pov

Two shadows make their way into the compound wary of Zombies and making sure to keep themselves quiet. The two figure out they are in a farm and go about to collect food until one stops the other "Brother, the house door is open." the male shadow, now known, looks to the door his ally is pointing at "that it is sister, let's go make sure the owner is okay before we go." the two shadows go to the house and hear heavy breathing like someone is struggling. The female pushes the door wider and inside the two see a farmer, leg bent at a bad angle and clothes soaking wet, his face red a clear sign of a fever. "Brother...." the female starts and the male nods "I know sister, we'll help him." and the two begin to help him. The sister takes his head and the brother pops his leg back into place the poor farmer cries out in his fevered sleep but does not wake. They take the farmer to the room that appears to be his, and the brother changes the farmer into more comfortable clothes as the sister goes to get cool cloths to help with the fever. The two take care of the farmer as he sleeps, soon the sun begins to rise and the brother says "Sister i will start on the farmer's chores you keep helping him." the sister nods and the brother leaves.

Bryan pov

I wake up slowly, the sun is way up and I sit up frantically only to hiss as my bruised chest complains. "You shouldn't do that, you were very hurt when we found you last night." a female voice says and i turn my head to see a female at my room door. "We?" i ask well more like croak, and she nods "Me and my twin brother, we found this place and snuck in, we had no clue you lived here but then we found you and stuck around to help." i nod and go to stand up, she rushes to my side and helps me stand, "my brother has started your chores, he felt that would be best after all you won't be able to do much with that leg." I nod, then I hear shouting "WHO THE H%&& ARE YOU!?" a quieter response then "WHERE THE F$#* IS BRYAN!?" we make it to my porch and i see Mario gun aimed at another male, "MARIO!" i shout, his head snaps to me and he sees me leaning against a female. "Bryan are you okay?" he asks and i nod "Ah got into some trouble last night and these two helped me." Mario lowers his gun but doesn't stop glaring. "So what side are you on?" Mario asks, both siblings tilt their heads to the side, "Side?" they ask in sync "Yeah who do you help?" they look at each other and shrug. Mario groans "okay what are your names?" the male answers "We actually don't know. We just woke up with no memories, but we found files with our pictures in them but sadly all the files said were {Twins, Reaver and Mech.} So that's what we've been calling each other, I am Mech and my sister is Reaver." Mario nods and then he helps Mech with my chores, while Reaver helps take care of me.

Night falls quickly, Mech and Mario come in and i feed them, then i invite the two to stay the night. "You want us to stay!?" Mech asks surprised, and I nod, he and his sister turn to each other "can we stay forever? We'll help you with your chores and taking care of the farm!" Reaver asks hopefully, and i nod "Ah don' see anything wrong with that." they cheer happily and hug me "THANK YOU!" they say in sync, and i laugh hugging them back. Mario heads off and the twins stay, soon i head to bed while Reaver goes to check on the horses.