(FTO) Can Love be Faster than Lightning?

Ritchie pov

I sigh as I stare out the window. Brandon is out knocking some sense into Innmo for hitting him again, Mario is on a mission /we had a very stern talking when he was back to being normal after Kay came back with an earth marking on her skin\, Kit and Tapio are training with the Protectors, David is who knows where /probably striping\, and Boat is reading up on something down below. I sigh again, and Boat calls up from below "Uh? You okay boss? That's like the fifth time you sighed in the past 2 minutes." I call out "I'm fine just thinking." He goes silent so i think that's the end of the conversation until a mug of beer appears in front of me, i look up to see Boat with his own, he takes a chug, then says "from the way you're sighing you have a love issue. So you're going to need that." pointing to the mug in front of me. I chuckle and say "Seems you know me just as well as my brother." taking the drink and drinking some myself he waits so i continue "I am in love, but it would never work." "How so?" he questions "The person, I like, is in a relationship, or was, i'm not even sure what to call it." I wave my hand around as i speak "Then explain the best way you can." I chug more beer, and say "He's married, but his wife is dead, and I can see he will never love again." Boat is silent for a moment then questions "You like Michael, the guild leader of Grimshade?" I sigh and nod, he hums then says "well this is some crush you've got their Boss." I groan slamming my head onto the desk. He laughs then says "Well i may not be of much help since i've never had a crush, but you could try to learn get closer to him than just being his drinking buddy." I huff from my position, and lift my head to look up at him "maybe you're right, but what happens if he learns of my feelings and completely blocks me off?" He just shrugged, I groan and resume my head on the desk. "Guess I wasn't much help, I'll just be going now." he says "Yuf beffer nof teal anyfone." I say my face still facing the desk, "Yeah, yeah no telling anyone." he says his voice growing quieter, meaning he's leaving. I sigh, lifting my head to look out the window once more, only to see my brother flying around and Innmo in a tornado mouth wide in a silent scream, and I can't help but let out a small laugh.

A few weeks go by and the conversation forgotten. The guild's meet up for a party for mine and my brothers birthday /how they figured that out i have no clue\. "I think they used the excuse of out birthday just so they could have a party." I state looking at all the guilds partying. My brother laughs, "That i do as well." Michael comes up to us "I didn't know your birthday was coming up." he says to me eyebrow raised, I shrug my shoulders, and say "It really never mattered, plus we never really talked about personal information during our hangouts." "I would have liked more time to find a gift for my friend," my heart pangs "instead of having been alerted just this morning and have to go out a get gift on such short notice." he says with a teasing grin, i chuckle and question "Oops?" he laughs, 'his laugh is like raindrops falling' i think, "you dork!" he says no bite in his voice, and I just smile in return. "WELL, WELL, WELL," a shout rings throughout the room and everyone freezes, turning to look up there's a person in a cloak floating above everyone "i see everyone is enjoying themselves, hmm?" he laughs evilly "to bad i'm here to ruin that." he draws a sword, and everyone's guard goes up "Oh don't worry im just here for one person, the rest of you will be fine." he grins "but who exactly am i going for, hmm?" then he moves quickly, to another part of the room, my eyes follow. Out of the corner of my eye i can see everyone else is confused "Over here!" he calls and all heads snap to look at him "Speed magic." I state loud enough for all to hear. He looks to me "Oh? A lightning user? Makes sense as how you know, light is one of the fastest things out there." I growl and he laughs "Can you keep up little light?" then he's moving all over the place and I'm barely keeping track of him. He stops dead over the crowd once more "Wow, you are good," i glare at him, he says "but can you keep track of my weapon?" his hand glows then his sword is glowing and he throws it, my eyes follow it until i realize where it's headed, Michael. My eyes widen and I jump in front of him, the blade strikes me, i feel it go through my chest, straight into my lacrima, i feel the lacrima shattering and the magics inside release, and start to tear my body apart from the inside out. I scream lightning dancing across my body, striking out at anything and everything. 'Pain! So much pain!' I scream in my head, then the magic cuts off and i go limp, body crumpling to the floor, unable to move. My vision is darkening and i see my worried brother and Michael over me, before all goes black.