Troubles of a Half-Zombie (Part 4.4)

Mech pov

I shoot up into a sit, hand covering my mouth so no sounds escapes me, tears prick my eyes and I let out a silent sob, a hand rests on my back and I tense. I take deep breaths trying to calm my nerves, once calm i look to my right, feeling the dip in the bed indicating that's where the person is sitting, to see Mario. He gives me a soft smile and nods his head to the door asking if i want to talk about it, i nod and we exit the room, Bryan and Reaver both still sleeping. We open the door to see Colonel IronWood standing there hand raised about to knock, he opens his mouth to speak but both me and Mario place fingers over our lips, he closes his mouth and gives us a questioning look, Mario closes the door then speaks "Sorry Colonel, had to make sure those two stayed sleeping, Bryan can be grumpy when woken rudely." Colonel IronWood nods "No worries Mario, i just came to talk with you, but i can see that Mech here needs to talk to you more." he turns and begins to walk away. "No!" i call out and grab his arm, he stops and looks at me i cast my eyes to the side "I need to tell more than one person....i don't know if i can handle these dreams alone anymore." he nods and turns back to me "Well then Mech, what happened?" Mario asks as I let Colonel IronWood go.

"Ever since me and Reaver woke up I have dreams every night." i begin they both nod so i continue "At first it was of me and Reaver, there was no clear sight just fuzzy images, and for sound it was buzzing and what was said was little bubbles that i could read. I thought at first they were just dreams, but........then i started to not have to read the bubbles i knew what was said and who said it, i can't remember their faces or names but i know i knew them." I wring my hands not sure if it makes sense, Mario places a hand on my shoulder and i continue "They are my family, my mom, dad, and older brothers and my twin sister, but Reaver doesn't get these dreams.......memories? I don't even know what to call them, but I do." i shake tears falling and Mario gives me a side hug "The night before we met Bryan was the last dream i had......me and Reaver both were in pain and were crying our brothers and mom were crying and begging us not to go, our dad was crying and trying to keep us alive.......we......we didn't survive." they both give me a surprised look "I felt pain then there was a flash of light then black, and i haven't had a dream since, until tonight." They both give me a nod and I continue.

"Tonight, was the clearest memory slash dream thing i have ever had, I actually know our real names because of it. Me and my sister were in a laboratory and two people and male and female, both casts in shadows, were arguing about us, it was about if we were the real deal, i didn't really understand it. But then the female cme over to us and knelt before us and called us by name she said {Logan? Nova?} and i remember asking who, the female got mad, the two argued then me and Reaver...i guess her name is Nova actually, heard the word tests and we........." i pause looking down at my hands "You what?" Colonel IronWood asks i look up at him "Promise not to shoot me and my sister?" i ask and he nods Mario does as well, I let myself change "HOL-!" Colonel IronWood begins to shout but Mario slams his and over his mouth "You're a walker!?" Mario asks surprised, i nod "Me and my sister are, but we are in complete control." Mario removes his hand from Colonel IronWood's mouth and hugs me. I hug back, then continue, "We changed for the first time, the female grew surprised but then angry and took us away from te male, about 4 years passed and the male found us again and took us away because of someone dying and the female wanted to bring him back like we were." i stop and revert back to human, then look them straight in the eye "the last words i remember from the female were {My children, please all of you. Stay safe.} then I woke up from the dream." Colonel IronWood places a hand on his chin "Do you know what this means?" he asks i shake my head as does Mario, Colonel IronWood supplies us the information "it means you and your sister may be the only way to cure this zombie apocalypse." I glare at him, "No if you are experimenting on anyone it's going to be me alone Rea-Nova doesn't get touched." he nods "fine, but you need to see the doc tomorrow." i nod and then head back into the room, Mario follows behind, then we head to bed.

(time skip to later)

The day was horrible me and my sister felt the smoke bombs affects and we heard Xylo's yelling at the Colonel, and we wandered the Misfits base because we can. Then we found a room, inside was singing a song i recognized from my dreams/memories Reaver seemed to recognize it as well because we sang along. Once it was finished we heard the bed creak indicating someone getting up so we ran as fast as we could and got out of there. "That-pant-was-pant-terrifying!" Reaver says panting in our room, I nod beside her. Doc appears in the door "Mech?" he calls and i nod i wave to my sister and she gives me a worried look so i say "just getting a check-up so they can see if i'm okay, you got yours yesterday remember?" she nods and leaves it at that.

"Lying can get you in trouble, halfy." Doc says with a grunt i smile "Maybe, but it's better than her worrying." he hums and we head to the Doc's Laboratory and he proceeds to do tests with me.