Tale as Old as Time (Part 1)

Michael pov

I was reading my book at the docks, as usual when all of a sudden i feel something fall on my shoulders with a groan. I look over my shoulder and see my best friend's face, he looks like he's ready to kill somebody, "Eden?" I ask, he groans, slips off my shoulders and flops onto the docks. "I'll take that as a yes." he huffs at me "That would be an affirmative." I sigh, "Sorry dude. If you weren't friends with me he wouldn't be bugging you." he sits up,"Michael you have no control over that, Eden is Eden and would bugg anybody if it meant that he's the most popular, and got everything he wanted." he says glaring at me. I look down sadly "Michael." he says my name strictly and i look up at him he smiles at me and hugs me "You need to perk up, cause there is no way i'm spending a week in the same house with a mopey person." i shove him off with a "Hey!" he cackles and i join in the laughter.

We calm after a few minutes, "So how is your magic coming along?" I ask, he grins and a bubble of water lifts in front of me "you tell me." He says, I roll my eyes and he drops it back in the water "How's teaching Colin?" he asks, i sigh, "Meh, he's letting his shadows feed on his depression over losing one of his older brothers years ago." "Oof, that sucks." he says I nod. "Michael! Lucas!" i hear our names being called and turn to the voice, it's my older brother Devin he walks over to the docks "me and Dad are about to head out, and we to say goodbye." I nod and get up, we head to the house, Lucas following behind.

"Oh good you're here. I made sure to leave money in the cookie jar but only use it for emergencies, there's enough food in the house for you two. Lucas i made sure that your parents were okay with it, again. Devin we have the machine ready right? Michael keep smiling, ignore Eden and be yourself. Am I forgetting something?" Dad rattles off, me and Lucas both laugh while Devin chuckles, "yes dad the machine is ready." he says with a smile. I hug my dad and Devin before they go "Be safe, please." I whisper and they both nod into my hug, then they're off. "Mr. Bren never gets old." Lucas says beside me and I glare at him "What does that mean!?" "Nothing!" he shouts and bolts into the house. I chase after him and we begin to have our ^sleepover^ that's lasting for a week.

The two souls traveled by sea, only to be caught in a storm they struggled to keep their ship afloat. Finally they caught sight of an island and proceeded to land the boat by the docks, off their boat they got. The elder soul was tired and had grown sickly from sailing in the rain for so long, the younger soul worried for his father took the two of them to the Castle that sat alone on the island and went in. They were greeted by living inanimate objects who helped them but the owners of the Castle grew angry and threw them into the dungeon. The youngest soul begged to send a letter to his little brother and the owners accepted, to which the young soul wrote to his brother, then let the messenger bird go, carrying his message.