(FTO) Fire vs Ice

Bryan pov

I arrive at the guild hall with Jakey, and when we enter Mario, Colin, Jazmena, and Alomose (He got his own body, he's had it since Pat and Mitch mated, he just wasn't there, he had unfinished business, so he was doing that) all shoot me suggestive eyes and I blush, i see Jakey doing the same out of the corner of my eyes, we hurry to our spots and sit down. "So? How was your heat?" Colin asks grin on his face as he leans toward me, I blush harder and shove him away "None of your business." he laughs from the ground, then Kayrina runs over "MARIO! BRYAN! JAKEY!" I FOUND US A JOB!" she yells as she slams a mission request on the table we're sitting at. Mario picks it up and reads it "Lost child, last known sighting was at the base of Mount Eris, is thought to have gone up the mountain and never came back down." He looks at Kay and she gives us a puppy dog stare, one Mario can't say no to, "We'll do it, just stop the puppy dog eyes!" Mario cries out, and she fist pumps the air, then bolts toward her dad's office.

(time skip)

We get to the base of the mountain and see its a snowy mountain "Ah shoot." Mario says and I nod beside him "Something wrong?" Kay asks, Mario shakes his head "Cavern Dragon slayers have a harder time with climate change, since I am literally the earth, i feel the changes of the earth, like seasons changing which in turn makes me weaker or stronger, depending on the season, snow and winter make me act cold as well as easier to hurt, since the earth turns brittle." Kay nods "And fire doesn't mix well with snow and ice." I say "I mean I can lower my temperature so i won't melt the snow but if i do it for long periods of time it's not good for me." Kay and Jakey both nod "Well then we will try to make this as quick as possible." Jakey says taking my hand and kissing it, I smile at him and we begin our trek up the mountain. We get half way up when the cold finally affects Mario "UGH! Why did I agree to come up here? The kid is most likely dead by now." he says angrily, and I sigh, walking over to him and raising my temperature ever so slightly to warm him up, he sighs and nods to me "Sorry guys." he apologizes, Kay and Jakey both nod in understanding. We continue up the mountain until we find a cave, i hear a whimper and freeze mid step, Mario does the same, we look to each other then to the cave and walk in, Jakey and Kay right behind us "Hello?" I call we hear a gasp and a little boy peeks his head from behind a pillar, "A-are y-you h-here t-t-to s-s-s-s-save me-e?" he asks shivering and I rush to his side raising my temperature to warm him, he hugs me in happiness and lets a content sigh out. A loud wind gust happens and we hear a loud thump then a noise so loud that has my ears ringing, then we're thrown into darkness "An avalanche!" Mario says, in the dark, I start to shiver, and the kid feels it "Are you okay mister?" he asks and i say "Yeah, just a little cold." I can feel Mario's protective aura grow, he walks over tripping a bit and sits next to me he places a hand on my forehead and mumbles "You kept your temperature to low, for too long." I nod knowing he can feel my head move. I can tell everyone is getting cold so I focus my magic and start a fire, all sigh, for reasons being that they can see and it's warm, I feel very drained and unwell though, my magic was lowered and it wouldn't have created a spark without my body heat, so creating the warm flame took what little body heat I had left leaving me cold, I begin to shiver violently. "Bryan? Are you okay?" I hear Jakey ask but i can't answer, and I feel arms wrap around me "He kept his magic lowered for to long, creating this fire took his body heat, we have to warm him up or he may never recover." Mario says from behind me. They all come close around me trying to warm me up but it does no good, and Mario can tell, he's getting really worried, he finally snaps and passes me to Jakey and walks to the snowed in entrance and starts digging, I can feel his magic grow wonky and know he's feeling the affects of the cold as well. Kay quickly goes over and starts to help, and in no time they get a hole big enough for all of us to crawl through, to which we do, one by one, though Mario has to drag me, since I can't really move much. "W-we need to g-et off the mountain." Kay says shivering, and we all nod, and begin our trek down the mountain.

We almost make it to the bottom when Mario slips and falls, a bit, I can hear a crack, and see Mario grab his shoulder, but he quickly lets go when Kay Jakey and the boy look over to see if he was okay. He climbs back up to where we are and we continue down, once we reach the bottom we deliver the kid to his parents and the town is so happy, they pay us the amount they offered for the child to be found and returned and we leave. We get back to the guild and my will finally goes and i fall, Jakey catches me and i hear hurried footsteps "What happened?" I hear Mom (Bri) ask "We were on a snowy mountain, he kept his temperature to low for too long." Mario grunts out, and more footsteps are heard, "Move." I hear Mitch say and arms are around me picking me up "Kit!" "Yes?" I hear her ask "I need a fire, large one, stat." Mitch says and drags me outside, then I'm surrounded by fire and I feel instantly better. I let out a content sigh and absorb the fire "More." Mitch says and fire is around me again, Kit lights me on fire four more times, to which I fully recover, and thank her, she smiles and walks off, then i turn and warm up Mario who lets out a sigh and apologizes for his gumpiness, everyone who he was grumpy to understand and forgive him. I catch Mitch's eye and freeze seeing a spark in them, he nods and I gulp nodding as well, we both understanding what we have and accepting it, then everyone goes inside, Mario, Jakey, Kay and myself all heading straight to our rooms to sleep.