(ALL CROSSOVER) The Tale of the Half-Dragon

Flame's pov

I release my wings, because i feel braver as a dragon, but my dragon form won't fit in here, so my wings will have to do, and I begin my tale "I was born into a very rich family, and by rich I'm talking about my family had their own island kind of rich," Soarin's mouth drops, while the other two looked confused, "But I wasn't raised to be a bratty rich kid, I was raised to be kind, caring, loving, and a believer of second chances." I pause then continue "Well my father was actually a dragon, and he's the one who taught me Dragon Slayer Magic, and since he was a dragon, and my mom a human, i am by birthright half dragon, half human." i pasuse again to look to teh side smile on my face, "Dragon's and Dragon slayers have what we call mates, in simple terms it's our soulmate, and well, my father's mate was my mother, and cared for her deeply, but he was being hunted, so he decided to hide in plain sight, as a rich, well known family. When I was five, my father took me out to an island he had bought, and told me that he was a Dragon, but not just any Dragon he was the King of Dragons." I go quiet remembering that day. "I was so happy, i was half Dragon the coolest magical creatures known to man. But as i said my dad was being hunted, a few years later when i was 8, a fire was started in my house. My dad was helping me finish up my magic lessons, because i was ready to become a full-fledged magic user." I start to feel tears fall down my cheeks "My dad froze lifted up his head and took a sniff, he whispered out "shoot" and rushed to the house. When we arrived it was already on fire, i tried to consume the fire, but I couldn't, it was wrong it felt weird and tasted weird, it caused me to pass out later, but before I did we found my mom, she was dead burned to a crisp, my dad was in tears, crying his eyes out, then he grew angry and went to find who done it, I followed, but got separated when the hall came down between us."

I flutter my wings and wrap them around me seeking the warmth because I felt so sad and cold "I tried to find out who did it without my dad, I couldn't find anyone, then I heard my dad yell, I ran to where I heard it only to find him with a blade in his chest, blood everywhere, he, he," I begin to sob "He said those guys knew their stuff, for petty criminals, he turned to me and said "Sorry Bryan i don't think i'll get to meet your mate in the future." I sob harder sucking in a shuddering breath I continued, "I, I, cried as I watched the life from his eyes fade away, he said right before he died, I pass on the title of ruler to Bri of the Protectors until the Prince is ready. I passed out crying and awoke outside the house, I, I never knew who saved me or why, but I made a vow to find those who had killed my parents and bring them to justice." (Yes I copied and pasted the story from Secrets Take Flight pt. 2) I feel something tap my wings and look over to see Atlas patting my wings, I smile at him then continue "After my parents died I was taken into the custody of my family's trusted Butler, he knew what my dad was and kept the secret well." I remember Mr. Clive, with a smile "I was young so didn't know a lot about money so the maids all started to say things and I thought they were telling the truth but something always felt off, later i'd learn Dragon and Dragon slayers can tell what's truth and whats lies. I told Mr. Clive and he grew angry and told me what they were doing, they were using me to get more money, and I grew angry and when they did it again I fired them on the spot." I let out a small laugh, "People still tried to use me but I just ignored it, at 10 i met Mario, and he became my new family. He introduced me to Mitch and then Colin and then i met Jazmena, and with all of them around me I felt like I had a new family, I was happy, that is until Mr. Clives died when I was 16." I hug my wings closer, slightly gripping them which would most likely leave bruises, I was gripping them that hard "He-He died of old age and I was heartbroken. I got into some pretty bad stuff, not drinking no, but I became a sort of stipper for dark guilds, I thought 'if all I'm good for is being used why not let people use me for enjoyment.'

I let out a strained, huff/laugh, then continue "When my brothers and sister found out they didn't like it and to stop, I refused to listen and so they told me to be careful." I sigh looking down "I was careful, i was not happy, no, but I did like bringing smiles to people. I went to our usual meeting place one week only to find out that Mitch was on a 2 month mission to get double S rank for his guild, Colin was on the run since Shadow did something stupid again, and Mario was fianlly caught so he was in jail." i cough out some smoke, cause i tend to do that now anytime I get upset, they all try to help me and I just raise my hand "it's normal," I say then sigh and continue "I went back every week to keep Jazmena company, then one week i was late and quickly rushed to the spot only to freeze when I heard Mario's voice, I charged in and found him there back to me, and I saw a guild logo on his shoulder, my breath hitched and he spun to me "Brayn?" he called and I all but tackled him yelling "Mario!" he laughed from the floor and me on him," tears feel "I honestly thought I'd never see him again, he told me he joined a guild of x-criminals, just so he could get out of the jail cell to come see me." I laugh remembering that day "Then Micth and Colin walk in and wonder what in all of the Dragon types was going on so I filled them in on what each had to go through, to which Mitch whapped Colin in the back of the head, and said "Shadow was the who, that was for," to which Colin laughed, and then Mitch whapped Mario in the back of the head and said "if you're in a dark guild don't get caught knucklehead." and we all were happy, we spent the night in that cave all cuddled up with each other, not letting go." I giggle as Atlas tickles my wings, Hunter then proceeds to tickle Atlas who screeches with joy.

I continue when I catch my breath "Months past and i decided to join a guild as well, The Protectors, a guild meant to protect others, bring in criminals, and overall just make Atlantide safer. My brothers thought it was a good idea, Mitch who had switched guilds right before going on the two month mission said that Shadow could be controlled by the guild leader of his new guild, so both me and Colin got into new guilds. I met my mate on the first day, a shy time wizard by the name of Jakey, my eyes met his and my mind went straight to the gutter, my thoughts consisted of "Mate, he is Mate. Must protect Mate. Mate is gorgeous."" I giggle thinking about Jakey, before continuing "And well now I'm dating him, and have claimed him as my mate so..." I start to blush as Soarin gives me a suggestive face "Stop!" I say pushing him away, then continue "Anyway, I went through a couple of scares, and frights, i went back in time twice, and one of the times was to see who killed my parents turns out it is an alternate timeline of my mate." I say with a sigh, but continue "the guilds found out about me and my Brother's, and sister's, bond, about Jazmena, about me being a Dragon, and mates and heats." i think for a moment "that leads up to here." i say.

"So i guess it's my turn then?" Soarin asks sadly. "Yep, it is." Hunter says. "Don't worry, we're all here for you." Red says patting Soarin's knee, "That we are." I say smiling at him. He sighs stands up and a white light surrounds him and he's in a....toga? "Let's begin." he says and begins his tale.