My Shooting Star In The Sky

"In certain more important details I shall make mistakes, also. But that is something that will not be my fault. My friend never explained anything to me. He thought, perhaps, that I was like himself. But I, alas, do not know how to see sheep through the walls of boxes. Perhaps I am a little like the grown-ups. I have had to grow old." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (French author of 'The Little Prince')

Your POV

I am a grown-up....early or late 30's. I felt something is missing. I forgot all about being a child. I prayed and prayed all day and night, waiting for a miracle to show up and grant me a wish. I always looked up into the sky and saw a bright star shining in the darkness. Brighter than the full moon shone its light. 🌟🌟🌟

That star at night is my star I ever hoped for. I sighed desperately. I just don't know what to do in my life. If I can't remember or don't have a childish memory, I'll be ended up feeling depressed 24/7. Suffered with so much grief, tearing my heart apart. Still, it hurts a lot. What's it like to be a child?

But in reality, adults have already forgotten their childhood, not a single one. They are too busy at work or never looked into the sky like they don't believe in miracles or pray to God. It's kind of frustrating or embarassing for an adult to act like a child.

They would never do that these days. All they do is work for 24 hours, get drunk, abuse...etc. Wow, what a catasthrophe. What about their own childhood? Nothing...it doesn't get any worse than this. It does sounds a wee bit crazy and somewhat out of whack.

My life totally stinks for good...nothing compares from childhood to adulthood. I sighed again. I turned around to my 'Little Prince' doll on top of the shelves. I smiled weakly but turned into a sad frown. That doll is my Christmas gift from my parents. They told me to keep it so that it reminds me of my childhish years back then. But I'm still sad.

I just don't want to grow up

I want to go back being a little kid.
I want to have fun with my parents.
I want milk and chocolate cookies.
I want to cuddle with my plushies.
I want to watch classic cartoon shows.

I want a comfy sweater with a cursive of 'I LOVE YOU' print on the stitches.
I want to play videogames or toys so that I can remember them.
I want to see my friends and tell them how I miss them very terribly.
I want to go out to the megamall or the park to have some fun.

I can relive those days....but it never change. Do I want to go back to the way they used to be? It's not the same as before. Still, I want to change on my own........alone. I hope wishing upon a star couldn't hurt. But it's impossible. Adult life sure gets hard, times like this are tough. I sighed depressingly.

Life is too short for me anyway. I lay down on my bed, faceplant myself on a pillow, thinking about something. Then, I adjusted my position before I stared at the window with a blank sad look written all over my face. I miss being a kid....I miss my old life, tears slowly formed in the corner of my eyes.