My New Year Resolution

Note: Are you a fan of the 'Charlie Brown' specials in your childhood back in the '80's? Play the 'Peanuts Theme' (a.k.a. 'Linus And Lucy') or 'Flashbeagle' by Joey Scarbury and Desiree Goyette.

Rest in peace, Charles M. Schulz. Thank you for all the delight and joy. You brought us with the adorable Peanuts gang. You will always be forever in our hearts. Have a happy 70th anniversary, Snoopy!! 😭😭😭

"We lost our first game and NOBODY cares! Sometimes I get so disgusted I feel like I want to scream or bang my head against a tree!"

"So you go and you stand on your own and you leave on your own, and you go home and you cry and you want to die."

"Don't take it too hard. I've done a lot of stupid things too..."

"I don't know what to do....sometimes I get so lonely. I can hardly stand it. Other times, I actually long to be completely alone." - Charlie Brown

Your POV

Today is the day and it's almost New Year's Day anytime soon, I hope. It was snowing outside like frozen rain. I love the snowfall but the problem is I'm not happy. Why holidays always depressed me? Because I haven't found my one and only true love yet.

When I have nothing to do lately, I'll just check my mailbox in case to find something to cheer me up. But nothing is in there. Ohh, good grief! Why me? Why am I the only person who doesn't get any mail or kind of deliveries such as presents or packages?

Seems like everyone in town sure had a good time in New Year's Day but except for me....I have nothing. I'm such a total blockhead when it comes to holidays like this one but different. I always end up feeling depressed and somewhat a little downhearted.

That's right, I am the 'Charlie Brown' in the group. I always wear my favorite yellow zigzag sweater with a Snoopy print on the fabric. I have a sweet tooth for eating chocolates or ice cream. I'm not really a big fan of sports such as baseball or football to be on top of the pitcher's mound.

I always have my super soft security blanket and a Snoopy plushie with me at home. I loved to fly a kite as a young child, watching it soar in the clear blue skies....like the aviator airplane called the 'Red Baron' from the World War I, which is Snoopy's epic imagination as the Flying Ace.

That white beagle can be a disco star named Joe Cool. Loves to make friends with the canary bird Woodstock which is came from the name of a hippie rock band. He was a happy-go-lucky, spunky, mischievous dog who's got the smarts to become the world's best underdog and a popular icon throughout the decades. How brave...

One more thing: I have fallen for a boy with blonde hair instead of a redhead, like the girl named Heather Wold who is the only unrequited love interest for Charlie Brown. Unlike his sister Sally, the psychiatrist Lucy, the sporty athletic Peppermint Patty, the quiet anti-social Marcie, the best friend duo Patty and Violet. Well, that's good.

Or the blonde girls Lila and Janice who stays at the hospital writing letters for Snoopy just for a short visit (Lila from 'Snoopy Come Home') and the other who is diagnosed with leukemia or cancer after having a fever at school (Janice from 'Why Charlie Brown Why?'). How very sad...