Through The Magic Mirror

Your POV

Do dreams simply come true and make it came to my life just wanting for me to be happy? In reality, it's impossible for a wish on a shooting star and it never came. My hope has ended. I failed on everything I always wanted.

I wonder if there could be another world which is invisible to the eye? The other side to mine and mine alone? If I try to picture it, I wish for a peaceful place where I can be safe. No tears, no worries....only be filled with joy and childhood memories, ready to explore the wilderness.

Like a beautiful valley of angels....a castle in the sky where people can't see it in their own eyes. Or a mirror leads to a strange land which is something magical to see such a wonderful place. I want to know what's out there...

But....those things aren't for real. Is it just a figment of my imagination? I can't say 'no' to that for some reason. If only my precious special angel were here to take me away and cure my wounds whenever I feel down, feeling depressed all of a sudden.

My body is covered with bandages here and there because of the torture from outside....at school. Got beaten up by the popular big kids. I'm not like the others. I'm just different from them who's even better than me. I am such a loser to them which I can't compete to that.

Am I the one who was targeted by those bullies? Why don't I try to fit in? I am the loser who has greater dreams than imagination or impress my own artful talent. But in other words, nobody seemed to care about my instincts.

I let everything down. I'm no good with those kind of people in some point. I just hoped the pain will go away soon. Maybe take some time to recover. I am the least member of the group who had a lack of socializing and afraid of going outdoors. Am I a fraud?

I was sitting on my bed as I adjusted my feet apart, curled up in a ball and hid my face under my knees. I then look out the window and saw a bright blue sky, puffy clouds slowly passes by. I sighed deeply at the sight of the view.

The answer to my prayers, there's got to a better way for me to get away from this horrid pain. It was excruciatingly dreadful, intense and terribly bad like I sprained my leg. If I had an imaginary friend to keep me company, I won't be alone anymore. But nothing is there.

Only hoped for a miracle to make it happen. I then lay down on my bed, faceplant on a pillow before I take one last glance on every corner of my room and then, I slowly closed my eyes as I decided to take a short rest.

*~Later...~*

The house is quiet for a while but then, a gentle breeze coming towards my direction and brings shivers down my spine, which causing me to wake up all of a sudden. I sat up as the noise has caught my attention.

I stood up from the bed, I slowly walked downstairs to find out where does that weird eerie sound is coming from. Is it a ghost or a spirit? I'm pretty sure it's in the basement. I looked around....and then, a mysterious object that caught my eye. A large mirror.

I think it started to lure me. The glass had ripples but it looked like waves of a water fountain. The frame is uniquely majestic, pure white color and had wings on each side which reminds me of gargoyles at a cathedral or a church. It had a strong light aura surrounding it. I might thought it was just fiction.

I gulped nervously and I felt my heart pumping rapidly like a drum. I can clearly see clouds have appeared in the glass, forming a stairway....I wonder what could it be. I've got to see what's in there. Before I could take a big deep breath, I slowly walked right through the mirror and my wounds are now fading away.

As I entered the mirror, back there was it some kind of portal to another world? I slightly shook my head. In front of me is a stairway made of clouds. My old clothes have now changed into an elegant princess dress that reached to my ankles. I was also wearing yellow flat shoes with glitter ribbons.