I Can Only Imagine

Note: Insert Christian song 'I Can Only Imagine' by Mercy Me.

Your POV

Thank God it's Holy Week. I just can't wait for Easter Day. People gathering eggs just to wait for the bunny will show up. Today is Lenten season and it's time for me to shine. I always prayed and prayed during my privacy on schedule. Being the religious person I am, I want to make it just perfect.

A great feast for a very special day, just me....and nobody here...I don't know I was all alone here in the house when my parents are gone. Now that I'm old enough to take good care of my own healthy self, let alone money to save. But it's okay for me anyways.

Whenever I get lonely all the time, I should just want to ask my guardian angel to guide me while I preparing dinner for Easter Day. I walked to the kitchen and decided to cook some ham with a touch of juicy pineapple slices. Oh boy, here goes my oh-so boring life...

Also, I bought a small box of bunny or egg shaped chocolates for dessert. Times like this are nothing worth than spending money on a holiday. Things doesn't seemed right for me. Why am I so alone? Why there's nobody here with me? I just wished my parents would show up as spirits while I eat my own feast....with sad expressionless faces, the one that holds dearly and precious to my heart.

Well, everyone in the whole sure know how to have a good time with friends and family. Except for me...I hate my life without my parents but I can't manage to get over this feeling tighten my stomach is too much for me to handle it any longer. It's even worse...

As time passes quickly, days goes by throughout the whole week or a month, my depressed thoughts cut off by the sound of the timer dings, that caught my attention and the ham is finally cooked, fresh and toasty as I put the chocolates on the table while I waited for the ham to cool it down.

I poke my food with a fork as I stare down at it and looked around my surroundings if my parents were here with me on every family day. I miss them terribly. It doesn't matter...this is a stupid holiday...tears began to form in my eyes. As I sobbed, I was cut off by my stomach growled hungrily its disapproval and I started eating to fill it. This sure is a really long day....

*~Timeskip~*

I am done eating my food as well as the box of chocolates. I went back to my room as I walked gloomily and a depressed expression written all over my face. I collapse on the bed, faceplant with a soft pillow to prevent tears from falling. This is hopeless. I don't think I should be happy on Holy Week or Easter Day. Everything is a waste of time and a complete horrible mess.

I failed and I totally stink at this. I glanced at the window one last time, which is making me sigh in so much desperation. I sat up slightly on the bed as I clasped my hands and pray, lips quivering as I begged for mercy. I wished for a place to take me away. No worries, no tears of sadness, no more pain that broke my heart to pieces...

I want to be free and God knows that I can be safe, secured and protected from harm. A santuary for healing my wounds and a medicine to cure my depression. But that didn't help at all for a burden reason. I don't think my wish will ever come true or came to my life. What is wrong with me?

After I prayed, I groaned hopelessly as I landed on my bed....again, huddle under the blankets for comfort like a cocoon. I felt my heart thumping in excruciating pain. Imagine a knife as sharp as swords ready to stab my back, telling me that it's all my fault and I did very awfully wrong.

As I cried, my eyes turned a light red color and then, I began to feel a bit tired, light-headed and weak. I closed my eyes, give myself a short inhale and let out a deep breath like the radiant light of my soul is ready to ascend to the heavens, leaving my lifeless body finally to rest in peace.