I Am An Asexual

Note: Asexual means a person without sexual feelings. In animals, which means not involving the fusion of gametes or reproduction.

Did you know? Nickelodeon tweeted a post on Twitter to celebrate the LGBT Pride Month, including characters like Korra (Avatar The Legend Of Korra) and....Spongebob?! But no, he's NOT gay. According to Stephen Hillenburg, sponges are ASEXUAL in their natural habitats.

If Spongebob is gay, you might think some other episodes like he was about to dressed up as a woman, wearing lipstick, or watching a sea anemone on television. A curious expression on his face...but when Gary the snail comes in, he then changed it into a sports channel instead. What about his quotes such as 'am I a pretty girl?', 'I like Squidward'...etc.

Also, some have adult-like dirty jokes on them. Kinds of words such as 'doubloons' while holding soaps in the bathtub. Blowing balloons in front of the kitchen that looked like condoms? (disgusting! 😱😱), a panty raid, scabies cake...etc. Yup, and that's why.

"How's the antique biz treating you? Am I a pretty girl? Remember, licking doorknobs is ILLEGAL on other planets." (Episode: 'One Krab Trash')

"I would do anything for you! Do you wanted to hurt me? I don't think it's working. Nothing...but what about my final test? I am not a loser." (Episode: 'I'm Your Biggest Fanatic')

"I'm sending your cousin Stanley to live with you. He can't hold down a job and he ruins anything he touches. I can't take it anymore. Maybe you can straighten him out. Love, Uncle Sherm." (Episode: Stanley S. Squarepants')

"Looks like you guys forgot your BOAT SMARTS!" (Episode: 'Boat Smarts') - Spongebob

Your POV

I may not be a lesbian, tomboy or gay. Because I am an asexual type of person. Of course, I have no feelings towards the person who I like. I am empty inside and filled with nothing, that's for sure. Nothing but complete despair....instead of rather than discriminating my own self, personality or anything else in common. I don't know...

I can't tell the difference about it. What's the point? A part of my own gender? I can't allow it. I have nothing to say the least. It's because my own well-being, especially when I was about to make contact with other people in public. I feel mistreated.

I'm just a simple downtown girl who has no exception towards love for my gender and I wasn't taking it kindly. To my self-esteem, behavior or traits whatsoever. Even though if I'm a bit unaware of my own characteristics.

Whenever I feel down and somewhat quite distressed my whole life, I wear a sweater with stripes that resembles an LGBT flag, but with violet, black, grey and white colors. The symbol of an asexual. Yeah, that's what I am...

I'm probably not sure if I am about to express. I just feel not ready for this. If I have certain feelings for that special someone, I was too shy to talk to him or her. I can't control the emotions I have gain and what is right or wrong.

I can't seemed to do it. I get crushed by the sudden minute. What am I going to do? Do everyone think I'm a loser to love someone that I even care about? Without one, I have nothing. I don't feel like it. For an asexual type like me, it's sure is hard to decide what's better.

I'm such a total jerk...I hate being alone and isolated. I need someone to love. The one who can tell me how I felt, share my stories about my everyday life through good and bad times. I want to be on my own and spread my wings. That should make me happy.

I'm tired of being judged by my own personal appearance. My body is a temple...not like an ordinary temple. It's about God's creation as both male and female; instead of an opposite gender. At least that I know how should I take care of myself individually.

At home, I wore the same sweater like last time while I was having a cup of hot cocoa, sitting on a couch next to the fireplace. Nice and warm, cozy inside, peace and quiet...I sighed in content as my heart beats slowly, relief breaths escaped from my mouth.

I looked every corner of the house and found nothing but dead silence. I sighed once again as I continued sipping my hot cocoa. After I finished drinking it, I stood up from the couch and walked to the kitchen to wash my cup. Then, I went back to the living room.

But when I was about to take a seat on the couch, I saw a figure with glowing white wings...just facing the window. The wings are gorgeous. So bright and shiny as its feathers sways gently by the soft breeze. I can see puffy blonde hair and sharp ears. It was also wearing a white skirt that tied to a knot with a slit, exposing its fair legs.

Spreads its wings in a graceful motion as if the figure faces me, revealing oceanic eyes. Deep blues I've never seen in my entire life. And look at those muscles....I started to blush slightly just thinking about that. In front of me was a male angel and I can feel his presence awaits me to come over.

I then walked slowly towards him as I reached out for my hand and then, he gently took mine in his as he plants a kiss on top of my skin. The blush on my face deepens in a red color. I heard him giggle...he then gets even closer to me, our hands entwined together.

"I believe you were expecting me. I am Link. What is your name?"

He introduced. Wow, his voice is so hot. It fits him perfectly.

"(Y/N)...n-nice to meet you, L-Link...", I shyly introduced, still blushing like crazy. He giggled in a cutesy manner.

"So...what brings you here?", I asked as he caressed my cheek, his eyes softens.

"I came here for a little visit, just to know that you are feeling alright", he replied and I said in an 'ohh'.

We both sat on the couch, having a chat. And of course, I made him laugh at my jokes. After a while of joking around, I was thinking about my own gender. Curious...so I began to ask him something.

"Link, if you don't mind me asking; what's the point about gender? Because you know...I'm an asexual and I have no lovey-dovey feelings, especially when I'm in public. I'm not pretty sure...what do you think?"

He notices this and my expression as I let my head down and looked away to my side. He then raises my chin up with his fingers and placed his soft lips on my forehead. I blushed a light pink on my cheeks and I sighed.

"(Y/N), no matter what you are or your gender is that you are unique inside. Your well-being that matches your personality and what it makes you become equal, as if to say the least."

Link explained while I held his wrist in mine gently.

"You think so?", I said and he nodded.

"Yes, it is who you are, (Y/N). You must accept it", he requested.

A small smile on my face and I returned the favor. I hugged him and he did the same while stroking my hair.

"How much I love you, (Y/N)", he cooed sweetly and I giggled.

"I love you too, Link", I said in a soft whisper before I could take a peaceful rest beside him on the couch while rubbing my skin in soothing patterns.

And with that final request, my gender is who I meant to be and what's very valuable, something important to me. As long as I can express my mixed emotions and enjoy life once again, no matter what it takes.

********

Quotes:
"The hardest part about being asexual isn't telling people or being open, it's knowing they can't really understand." - Unknown

"Being asexual sometimes just make me feel unreal because people won't accept the fact I'm not attracted to anyone. People won't accept asexuality exist." - Unknown