That Awkward Moment

Your POV

It's April Fools Day, a holiday of fools. I want to make jokes and pull pranks to get some attention to others. In my own expectation, I was getting excited to tell funny jokes and sarcastic comments, mostly the hilarious ones or relatable lines, whatever it is.

But in reality, I am an awkward type of person when it comes to jokes. I'm not the funny kind, nor a joker clown or a mischievous prankster. I'm a plain one and not good with anything. I probably don't think if I can do this.

The only thing I want to impress is that little blonde-haired boy who will laughs at all my jokes. I loved to have fun with him or hear his sexy voice forever. But if I don't, I'll go crazy for sure or I'll be alone because of love.

If I can't make jokes, he'll might think what kind of a person I am. A loser, a freak or a total blockhead. I still got a chance to go talk to him and fall for him. I can tell he's so cute and dreamy. Such handsome features, the voice of an angel...I can't stop thinking about him. But I'm too shy.

Look at me, not fit for a social figure unlike the other people in public. If I were a joker, I should just pull out  cards in my pocket that are cartoony catchphrases, pick up lines or maybe knock-knock jokes. Things will be different now. He'll see the new me.

I want to know how much I do feel for him and make the best day ever. I can be happy when I'm around him, he's the only one in my life. There's got to be a better way to win his heart, especially on April Fools Day and everything has to be perfect somehow.

The only problem is I get awkward and somewhat clumsy. I'm a total accidental troublemaker...wimpy and plain boring, like the lousy protagonist in a cartoon movie who makes a complete mess and unable to reach the goal. I just can't do it anymore. I don't think he likes me back. Good grief...

I felt like I was nothing but a fluke. I must be recruited out of the blue. I'm just not ready for this anytime soon enough. I don't think this is a pretty good idea to handle it. He'll think I am nothing. What if he never notice me as my so-called 'senpai'? (savior or hero in Japanese).

Oh, man...this is hard. In a day like this, I was desperate and feeling hopeless to find love. Even though I'm an awkward person, I don't think if I had a sense of humor when it comes to funny jokes or pranks. Not being fit to be a comedian or an actor in a movie.

My fortune cookie that predicts 'today is your lucky day'. No wonder why I was a bit determined to find love and wish for a penny in a wishing well, it brings me good luck. I hope it will come true no matter what, I'm pretty sure of that. I just knew it...

I keep the cards inside the box for safe keeping just in case when if someone who loves to tell me jokes. I also write the new ones on pieces of cards in each color. There are three categories for every card I get from the movie, talk shows, trivial pursuit...etc.

If I asked a question, he will get the correct answer. Maybe I can read some catchy lines or sarcastic comments to him, just to make him laugh....for the two of us. This would be a surprise so that nobody will ruin my favorite moment. I can feel it.

I don't want to go outside because I'll embarrassed myself in front of people in public...I experienced that as a kid. I have a fear of socializing or anxiety. At least back then, it was the worst part and I'm such a scaredy-cat. I too am awkward, very shy and tense.

As a teenager, I stayed the same as always. I managed to cope my anxiety. And what's more I developed my talent such as creative arts. I also connected to my special angel in disguise if I had to make contact with him up there someplace, I guess.

Some treated me like I was nothing. I got humiliated and I caused all worst accidents. I feel so embarrassed by those bullies who make fun out of me on purpose. The bad times that never happens all the time. How should I put up to this one?