Take Me To Heaven, Hero

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." - Ephesians 2:8

"They took branches of palm trees and went forth to meet Him, and cried 'HOSANNA!'. Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord." - John 12:13

Your POV

Today is Holy Week and also, it's Easter Day. A holiday to be praised and blessed by the Hand of God. Don't forget it's time for eggs because the Easter Bunny will be here. There's chocolates, toys, heart-shaped candies, gifts...etc.

Everyone is ready for fasting on Lenten season and I prayed for this moment to come. Whenever I feel troubled, alone or sinned, I stood in front of the cross and repent, cleanse away my faults of all the things I have ever done.

A religious holiday like this reminds me of when I was but a small 10-year old child. My parents forbid me to pray, visit to our relatives at the cementary, bible studies or movies, going to church...etc. Any kind of activity that doesn't come up into people's mind.

They told me about why is it NOT allowed to pray like in public, school, work...etc. Because of the government, I think? I just thought it's legal or illegal to do that. Sometimes those requests they said to me is making me a bit confused as a kid. Yes, my parents were atheists and that caused me to shock.

When they are asleep, I have to keep it in private or silence. I prayed very quietly so that they won't hear me. I wished if only I had a guardian angel who can give me comfort arms and safeguard from the abusive side of my parents to keep me safe and sound.

Maybe look at the stars in the sky are the light to guide my path through the darkness, only to find a way out and be free like white doves; spread its wings and fly away to search for paradise. If I were a dove, I should just soaring into the horizon and feel the wind blew through my hair, taking me away to heaven where I can be much safer.

But that doesn't make a change. It's impossible to be given up on my own imaginary dreamscape. I felt like I'm hopeless. My parents seemed always pretend to act just nice to people in the neighborhood, but to me....they tried to hide their bad sides, not to show their abusive actions.

I started to become isolated towards them. As a teenager, I feel exactly the same ever since when I was a child. Playing Nintendo games, mostly 'The Legend Of Zelda' is my favorite that will cheer me up. Times like this gets really tough for me to take. I also manage to pray in my privacy, too.

My parents passed away by a terrible accident, despite the fact that they didn't try to apologize or forgive me. Those are one of the worst things that's ever happened to my whole life I've experienced. The flashback back then really engraved in my memory but still, it hurts all the time.

I shook my head. What am I going to do now? Maybe I'll wait for Easter eggs to see what's inside in it. Or perhaps give me a miracle from God that if I have a guardian angel to come see me how I have been today. But I'm afraid to look. I found nothing....empty, just like my boring life. I know it stinks.

Way to go to spend on a holiday like this without my parents. I should just visualize if there's an imaginary friend who sits there next to me, watching me with a sad expression while I ate a box of chocolate fudge brownies. Pats my back as I play 'The Legend Of Zelda' games or watch bible movies when I feel depressed. I sighed hopelessly.

I just really don't care about myself because I'm unmotivated on this special day. My parents are no longer with me anymore and I'm here all alone in this crappy house of misery. I stared at the ceiling, every corner inside the room makes me sadder and lonelier, totally worse as it gets than my childhood.