1

"So let me get this straight, you pulled out a gun on him?" Laurice asked again for the fifth time

I rolled my eyes at her and nodded

That's what i said before

"And what happened after that?" She asked as we sat in the house unpacking my boxes.

It was weird doing that.
I packed my life and moved out of Freeridge only to end up back here again.

I was forever tied to this place.

"I pulled the trigger." She gasped

"You killed him?" She asked in disbelief.

I gave her a look. Was she being remotely serious right now.

"No, the clip was empty.' I would never kill anyone especially him
"But you should've seen him Lau. He didn't even flinch when i did. He just stood there looking at me.Waiting for me to do it" And it bothered me.

It bothered me how okay he was at the situation. He deserved alot of things but a bullet to the head wasn't one of those things.

"I'm not surprised. Oscar would let you do anything to him. Anything for you or anything that involves you matter of fact."

I looked away from her. There was a time when I would've said the same thing.

"That was years ago ma. I left. Things change."

"You're right things change. He's got hynas running left and right for him now. You could tell bitches to eat their own shit and they'd do it just to get a chance with him."

I squirmed and looked at her in disgust.
"That was disgusting Laurice."

She chuckled throwing her balled up paper towel at me.

"But for real these girls are desperate for that Spooky dick."

I didn't reply, just kept on folding my clothes. I didn't want to talk about any of this. Not Spooky, not the girls that wanted him and especially not his dick.

That Good ass d-.
Nope not going to go there.

"If it makes you feel any better, he hasn't had a novia ever since you left. I think he didn't want anyone to replace you. He knew you'd come back." She gave me a small smile.

I didn't want to hear this. Not now, not ever.
"I don't care Lau, what Oscar and I had is ancient. We were both kids and now we're grown ups. I feel nothing for him." It didn't hurt as much saying it out loud and that meant that i was finally over him which is exactly what i needed.

"You're only 21 Rih, not that old." It was her turn to roll her eyes at me.

"If you say so though. I'm not going to argue with you about any of this." I watched as she woke up leaving me with the task of unpacking my clothes by myself.

I looked around I still had 3 more boxes to go.
I frowned. How many freaking clothes did i come here with.

I then looked back at the space where Laurice was previously sat at.

She was the reason I came back here. She needed my help and i came to the rescue that's what friends are for. She could come to my door with a dead body, I'd grab a shovel and help her dig. And i know she'd do the same for me.

Which is why I knew what she was saying meant that she cared. I loved that she did, but Oscar and I are not something she should care about.

Because there was nothing to care about.

I walked over to the closet and on my tip toes I took out a shoe box.
I sat on the floor opening it.

I smiled at the pictures, the pictures of me as a child, my parents and even Laurice and I.

My eyes landed on another picture.

14 year old me and 17 year Old Oscar . In his dad's red impala smiling up at the camera.

We were inseparable back then. Things were less dangerous.

I took out the gold cross necklace. Silver never looked good on me. This was his promise gift to me. And I've never worn it.

I wasn't worthy after everything I did.