95

I looked around at all the people around me

I looked around at all the people around me. I've never felt so loved as I did now, it was sickening. My eyes stayed on her though, she was pale and it looked like she lost some weight. I didn't want her to worry like that ever again.

"We're glad you're back." Pablo smiled and I kept my face blank. The company was getting a little bit too much. I just wanted to be alone with her. I wanted to kiss her but I knew she was still mad at me for this.

"Guys can we have a moment please?" Robyn asked with an annoyed look on her face. We only had like 30 minutes before everyone else stormed in.

"Danm Rih..." Pablo pouted. I rolled my eyes at his childish behaviour

"Just get the fuck out fool." Benji pushed him out the room with a smack to the head.

"I'm glad you're okay Oscar." Keisha said before leaving.

I turned towards Robyn who sat their fiddling with her fingers. I knew her good enough to know that something was troubling her.

"Talk to me bella." I frowned.

She let out a loud sigh, she was so dramatic.

"Cuchillos stopped by my house....she gave me your location in exchange for my promise that we'll leave Freeridge. All of us." I pursed my lips. I don't understand how she could feel so threatened by us when we didn't want anything to do with her.

"But I'm not leaving Freeridge until she's dead Oscar." Her eyes finally met mine. The thing about Robyn is that when she sets her mind to something she wasn't going to change it. Nothing can make her change it. And right now she wanted Cuchillos dead.

"We can just leave Freeridge and never return you know." That was an option. That was the safer option.

"Yeah....but what about the others. She'll make their lives a living hell Oscar and I don't want that." I sighed. She was right but I wanted her to be selfish and say that we should leave.

"Another war?."

"The last one." I really hope it was. Whenever we think we're finally going to have some sort of peace something always comes up.

"I'll follow you anywhere. If you want a war, I'll stand by you."

"No, I don't want you to say that. We're a team Oscar. You have to want it to. If you want us to leave right now and leave everything behind, we'll do that."

This was a hard decision to make, I had to choose between the happily ever after I wanted and the happily ever after my whole gang deserved.

"I'll think about it,okay." I reached for her hand and she held it.

"I love you you know that." She looked at me smiling.
"You always remind me."

"I was unconscious for days. I have to make up for the days I've lost:"

She chuckled. I squinted my eyes at her,as she fidgeted in her seat. Something else was bothering her.

"Oscar." Her eyes met mine, I tried to read it but she wasn't giving anything away.

"Robyn." I gave her hand a little squeeze. I wanted her to tell me what was on her mind.

"I have something to tell you." She bit her lip nervously.
I don't know why but my heart started beating faster. I was scared.

"Close your eyes." I didn't question it, normally I would but I really wanted to know what she had to say.

I almost whined at the lost of contact with her hand.
I heard her chair being pushed back and I tried to not open my eyes. I grew even more anxious by the second but I calmed down when she took my hand yet again.

"Don't open your eyes okay." I nodded. This was going to be hard. She wasn't making this any better for me.

"So....something happened,and I don't know how to tell you. It-it just happened..." my heart wanted to burst out of my chest.

"What do you mean?" I asked my eyes still closed.

She was scaring me.

"I don't know how it happened...no that's a lie I know exactly how it happened,and I don't know how to tell you. I don't know how you'll feel about it." I clenched my jaw.

"Robyn." I warned. She needed to get it over with. If she wanted to rip the bandage off my wound then she should do it.

She pulled her hand away from me.

"You can open your eyes now." I opened it and stared at her in confusion as she stared at me biting her lips.

"What is it?" I questioned.

Her eyes went to my lap and my eyes followed it.

My heart stopped.
I looked at her and then back at it. I did that two more times before my eyes zeroed in on the piece of paper on my lap.

I didn't even realise I was crying when a tear fell on the paper as I took it in my hand.

"You're going to be a daddy."

I couldn't hold it anymore. My hand went to my face to stop me from crying harder.

The feelings I was feeling right now was so hard to explain.

"Oscar." I heard her say before I felt arms wrapped around me. I wrapped my own arms around her my eyes still stuck on the ultrasound.

"We made a little alien." I let out a happy laugh.

"Yes baby, we made a little alien."

"It looks just like you." I teased and she pulled away from me giving me the stink eyes.

"It looks beautiful Robyn." Her face softened and she too looked at the ultrasound in my hand.

"I love you Mrs Diaz and I love you Baby Diaz." I kissed her stomach.

At that moment nothing could've made me happier. I could finally see a light at the end of this dark tunnel I was in.

My fucked up life was somehow complete

~~~~~

It took a lot for me not to post this chapter yesterday but here you go. But then I realised there's a time difference between me and you reading this

It's currently 10 in the morning here 💆🏾‍♀️💆🏾‍♀️