128

I checked the clock on the wall for the fifth time

I checked the clock on the wall for the fifth time. It was almost 11 and I was all alone at home with Naomi. I haven't seen Oscar since the warehouse earlier and I was expecting him to be home. I knew he was mad at me, but I was still expecting him here. Especially knowing that I asked my mum,Laurice and Keisha to have the house to myself just so that we could talk things out.

I was on the verge of tears as I rocked Naomi back and forth as I fed her. This was a deja vu for me, Oscar living on assumptions just like he did when I left Freeridge, He thought I never wanted a baby with him but I did, I just wish he understood that.

I smiled sadly as Naomi closed her eyes and soon she was asleep. I was so exhausted, today taking a toll on me. She barely slept and she's been crying the whole time. At first I thought she hated when I left her for a an hour with my mum but I've come to the conclusion that she wanted her dad. Even at this age she was already a daddy's girl.

And I just wished Oscar was here.

I gently woke up from the armchair walking to her crib before putting her down,with one kiss on the forehead I was walking quietly back to the my bedroom.

I grabbed my phone hoping to see a text from Oscar but there was none. I contemplated whether I should call him or not, even if I didn't want to I did,because I had to. I was seriously worried that maybe, just maybe something happened to him. That was my worse fear right now.

I stood there with my arm crossed and the other hand holding the phone to my ear. It rang and rang and he didn't pick up. I tried one more time and then a third time and just like the ones before there was no answer. My anxiety spiked up and I could already feel myself tensing.

I was walking to to the kitchen when I heard someone at the door. I stopped in my tracks and frowned hearing the door knob rattling. If this was Oscar he would've come in by now. I quietly crept to the door and peaked through the curtain and my eyes widened when I saw who it was.

That was definitely not Oscar. I looked around in panic not knowing what to do as the very large men outside my door tried to break into my house. This wasn't any burglar these were men in black suits.

I quickly tip toed to the bedroom, the first thing I did was grab Naomi. My whole body jumped when I heard the door slam open. Quietly taking her I tried to figure out where I was meant to go.

We had guns in this house but I was outnumbered. I could easily try to take them but I couldn't risk it.

I cursed when I realised my phone wasn't with me so I couldn't call anybody meaning I was all alone with a baby in this house where three men were no doubt looking for me.

I put Naomi down gently making sure that she didn't wake up and start crying. That would be the end game for the both of us. They'll find us and I don't even want to think what could possibly happen when they did. Walking to the door slowly I quietly closed it but my heart skipped a beat when the door creaked. I turned the lock my back against the door my heart beating so fast in fear. The heavy footsteps could be heard in the eerie silence.

I had nowhere to go and I was trapped. I ran my hand through my hair trying to think at the same time Naomi started to stir.

I held my breath when I could hear the footsteps pass the room I was in.

"Check every room." The heavy accents could be heard and my hand went over my mouth when I heard doors being kicked down.

"Are you sure she's fucking here?" One of them asked and I shook my head trying to regulate my fast breathing

"Yes fool. She hasn't left the house since this morning." The realisation that they've been watching this house sunk in.

Naomi stirred one more time and cooed. She was awake now. My hands where shaky hearing the mess they were making in the rooms they were in. I knew this room was next soon.

My mind finally started to work base on that fact and I finally noticed the window there. It wasn't big but it was big enough to go through. I just needed to find a way to get through it with Naomi in hand.

I winced hoping the floorboard didn't creak and tried to open the window,emphasis on try. It was a struggle taking all the force I didn't have until it opened and my ears could hear that they were in the room right next to the one we were in.

Taking Naomi who's eyes were wide open now staring back at me I was thankful that she didn't start crying but she did have a frown on her face like she knew she had to behave and something was wrong.

With one foot outside I made sure that I didn't hit Naomi's head, with my arms around her tightly I let out a slight cry when I was able to get through. I let out a loud gasp Naomi almost falling from my hand when I was trying to land safely on the ground,my heart dropping 6 feet under.

At the same time I heard the bedroom door being knock down and I hid. I wondered if the neighbours could hear this and if they'll probably call the cops by now.

"The Window's fucking open. She fucking left!" One of them said angrily.

"Then check outside!" One ordered. I could hear one of them move to the window seal and poke his head outside. I blended into the shadows praying to all the saints that they didn't see me.

I almost laughed at Naomi who yawned but her eyes never closed. When I felt like they had left the first thing I did was ran next door. I hid Behind the bushes holding Naomi close to my chest listening carefully for a sign that they left. I could hear a car start and drive away and I knew that they were now gone but I could be wrong.

Looking down at Naomi I couldn't help but start crying. I was so close to getting caught, this was all too close. I was filled with fear and then an anger I never felt before ran through me.

I was barefoot, wrapped in a robe,my hair was a mess and with my daughter in hand I started walking. It was cold but I kept on walking.

And that's how I spent my night.

•••••

Book 2 of ROLLACOASTER is out now, roll on to the next chapter ——>