7

We drink the poison our mind feeds us Then wonder Why we feel so sick - Atticus

Then wonder
Why we feel so sick
- Atticus

"Earth to Robyn." Laurice snapped me out of my thoughts.
I blinked focusing on her

"You were stuck way in there weren't you." She sent me a small smile pointing towards my head.

"What were you on about anyways? Sorry" I asked. The night before took a toll on me.
It affected me much more than i wanted it too.

I was still hurt.

"I was about to tell you that Gio told me about what happened the other night." She was sad, sad for me, sad with me.

I sighed. Of course he did. Laurice and Gio were dating. She was the one that told me all about the Prophets. She was the one that begged me to come back.

"And plus i heard you crying in the bathroom Rih."

I sighed.

We were at the table having breakfast. This was not breakfast talk. I didn't want to talk about it.

I was going to cry over it and then i was going to man up.
That's my cycle

"I honestly don't want to talk about it Lau. Not today, not ever." I took a sip of my pineapple juice.

"Well, how about we talk about your new job." She smirked, trying to lift the mood.

"Not actually new, I'm just glad Joe decided to hire me again."

I said if i was going to stay in freeridge i needed to find a new job. I didn't use any of the gangs money, because it was dirty money and i didn't want to be associated with it. So i went to the one place i was guaranteed a yes and i got it.

Joe had always been like a second father to me since I spent most of my time as a kid with him.

He was my godfather anyway.

"Still, can't wait to see you in your little apron serving me free food." She smirked i narrowed my eyes at her.

"You're not getting free food." I said bluntly.

"Urgh, yes i am just like old times plus best friend Code honey. I am getting my free food." She winked and i rolled my eyes.

"Well, i need to get going. Don't want to be late on my first day." I said getting up

"Oh please you can come in 2 hours late and Joe will smile and say thank you."

He really would.

"Nothing has changed

"Nothing has changed." I beamed up at Joe after he gave me a tour of the place . Everything was in the same place with only some of the appliances being upgraded.

It made feel nostalgic to be back here.

"Well, nothing need changing. I'm glad you're back sweety. We missed you. Freeridge missed that bright smile." He pulled me into a hug.

"Should i get started?" I asked.

He nodded. "You can go right ahead, i know you know exactly what you're doing."

"Just like old times." I smiled and he nodded.

It made me happy to see that after all these years people still loved to come eat at Joes'. He made the best food so i wasn't completely surprised.

"Heeeyy." I looked to see Jamal walking over to me.
I frowned as he got behind the counter

"What are you doing here?" I asked wiping the counter top.

Everything had to be spotless.

"Well you're not the only one that works here." He pushed his apron in my face.
"And, I'm your manager you report to me." He pointed his finger at himself.

"I report to no one but Joe. Plus didn't you work at your dads?" I asked. At least that's what he told me.

"I did but that old man fired me."

I burst out laughing. "What did your dramatic ass do?"

He was always on some bullshit.

"Absolutely nothing.' He squeaked.

He was lying. And i gave him a look that showed him that i knew it.

I started serving some customers happily.

Just like old times.

I smiled up at the elderly couple as i handed them their food.

"You're good but I'm better." Jamal commented when i walked back to the counter.

"Don't you have something better to do Jamal?" I questioned. He had way too much free time on his hand

"I am doing something, looking after the less fortunate, the inferior, the lost... which is you." He crossed his arm throwing a towel at me.

"What exactly do you do here?" I smirked.

He was about to speak when his eyes widen.

"Do not turn around but your cholo ex-boyfriend with the perky butt and his friends just walked in."

My heart dropped.

Day ruined

○○○○○○○
Just a short chapter let the drama begin.