106

We were planning my wedding

We were planning my wedding. This is something I never thought I'd get the chance to say with everything that's happened. Everything from Cuchillos, to Both of us getting shot and asshole Oscar.

But it's been 2 whole months since we've moved out of Freeridge and both Oscar and I finally gave the go ahead to start planning the wedding.

As for him, he was sucking it up, His nights and sometimes mornings were spent here and other times he was in Freeridge. He was still the leader of the gang but Benji had taken over overseeing everything. And word on the street had it that Cuchillos's was somehow happy, and I was too because everything was peaceful now.

"Girl, do you want this flower or this one?" Laurice held out pictures of a red bouquet and an all white one.

We decided on a beach wedding and the theme is all white. I wanted it classy,clean and simple but Laurice had other plans.

I looked at the picture and pointed at the red one, a splash of colour is needed.

"Good choice." She smiled brightly

I looked down at all the mess we've made on the dinning table, I love how invested Laurice is in all of this.

"Are you sure you don't want to pop the baby out first?" She made a popping sound pointing down at my belly. I was almost 30 weeks and even more In love with my little girl than ever.

"Positive. I want her to be apart of this big day and I don't want her in this world out of wedlock." I shrugged, that's something I decided a long time ago,plus my bump looks cute in my wedding dress.

"Plus,If I don't do it now I don't think we'd ever get married." I bit the insides of my cheeks my mind going to my groom.

"Is he still giving you a hard time?" Laurice sent me a small smile knowing all about the chronicles of Oscar Diaz.

"He cursed at the neighbours yesterday for looking at him when he was taking out the trash." I knew this wasn't easy for him, I understood that but I hated how he was acting like everything was okay. I really wanted him to speak to me.

"He'll get use to it don't worry." She said encouragingly but I wasn't convinced

"I don't think he will. Family life isn't for him as much as he preached about wanting it. He likes the danger that came with being who he is and now that we're out here,in this quiet neighbourhood where you don't hear any gunshots or the police siren as background noise I know he hates it." It was the truth, Oscar Diaz was not a family man. I was betting with myself how long it'll take for him to blow and insist we move back to Freeridge which was something I was seriously considering at this point.

"It's just who he is isn't it.... I guess this is what they mean when they say once you're in that life it's hard to leave." Laurice contemplated and I nodded in agreement. 

"I just want to get everything done and over it. One step at a time though. I'm honestly even surprise he agreed for us to proceed with the wedding." I was expecting him to postpone it but I was scared. If this is how things are now, what will happen when we're actually married? The honeymoon period will not last long and I didn't want to be in a marriage where we ended up hating each other. I would've said that, that will never happen with how in love we were but at this point anything could fucking happen.

We were interrupted when we heard the door bell ring. In Brentwood this was common, we've had a lot of visits from our neighbours sharing goodies and just popping over for a chat. That was another thing that annoyed Oscar, he just wasn't use to this.

I woke up wobbling to the door letting my belly carry me. I opened it to be greeted by absolutely no one. I frowned and then I looked down to see a perfectly wrapped gift with a cute red bow on it. I got out of the house and looked around trying to find out who dropped it off but everything looked normal and there was no one in sight.

I awkwardly bent down and picked up the present bringing it inside the frown still on my face. I walked to the dinning room and Laurice turned around looking at me and then her eyes narrowing on the box in hand

"Oh getting wedding presents already, Brentwood is so boujee I just might move here." She joked before pushing her chair back. "Going to the toilet don't miss me too much." I rolled my eyes at her words.

Such a goof

I walked to the kitchen  placing the box on the island. I wondered who it was from but I wouldn't know that unless I opened it.

I unwrapped the bow and my nose scrunched up a weird stench feeling my nostrils. I carefully opened the lid of the box gasping at the sight. I rushed to the kitchen sink gagging hoping I didn't puke. All the colour leaving my face.

Walking back to the island I put my hand infront of my mouth scrunching up my nose in disgust as I stared at what looked like a living thing's heart with a dagger stuck into it. There was no note but I could tell who it was from by the santo sign carved into the dagger's handle and the red rose also plunged into the heart. It reeked and it was all absolutely disgusting.

I heard Laurice walking back so I quickly opened the back door rushing to the bin and dumping the box in there hoping that no one would come and open it.

With shaky legs I walked back inside.

It didn't matter what we did,Cuchillos was never going to leave us alone and that's a truth I'll have to face