83

I looked down at my finger and then at him

I looked down at my finger and then at him. It had been one week of absolute heaven and I'm engaged.

Sheesh.

"You're staring again." I chuckled at what Oscar said and looked back down at the ring. I still couldn't believe it. I was the definition of the word happiness.

"Well, I just got engaged Oscar. What do you expect." I smiled widely.

"You know what's the next step right? A baby." I pursed my lips and looked at him. This was the perfect opportunity to tell him.

"Os-." I bit my lip and looked away from him.

Not yet

"Expecting company?" He asked and my eyes narrowed at the familiar car. I sighed as Oscar parked the car.

I didn't want any drama this soon. I wanted one day of peace but it's clear I wasn't going to get that anytime.

Oscar grabbed my hand as we walked to the door, I opened it to see a number of people in my living room. They all turned to look at us. My eyes narrowed on my father.

I looked at Bryson in question. Didn't he have his own place for this?

"What's going on?" My eyes narrowed on the lady and a girl.

This better not be what I think it is.

"Honey, urhm..I wanted to introduce you to my wife and our daughter ." I looked between them and back at Bryson who was looking at me closely.

"This is Natasha and Cassie." He introduced and i took them in

I started laughing, to the point that I had tears in my eyes. Everyone just looked at me as if I was crazy.

I sighed composing myself
"Okay. Now please leave my house." I walked to the door opening it

"Rih don't be like that." Bryson sighed

"Don't be like what? Don't you have your own place to have this little reunion, why mine?" I questioned glaring at my brother slamming my door shut

What exactly did they expect to happen? Did they want me to be welcoming and hug and kiss these two females and act like I was somewhat happy to meet them.

"You're engaged?" My eyes went to my dad who was eyeing the ring on my finger.

"Yes I am. Now please leave my house so that I can spend some time with my fiancé."

"You're a rude one aren't you." The woman or should I say my dad's wife spoke up.

I scoffed.
"Glad you've made that observation now-" I turned to my dad "get your hoe of a wife and her daughter out of my house."

"Robyn!" Both my brother and father raised their voice scolding me for my words. Did I care though?

"Cálmate." Oscar put his hands on my back trying to get me to calm down

"You better check her mouth Martin." The wife said and I crossed my arms

"Come check it for me then." I challenged. She looked like a woman that runs her mouth for a living.

"Okay stop! Just stop!" He shouted looking at his wife and then at me. My eyes zeroed in on the girl who's eyes were on Oscar behind me.

"I didn't come here to argue with you. I just wanted to invite you over for dinner tomorrow night. I'm moving back to freeridge..." I wasn't paying attention to him though. My eyes still on the girl who's eyes never left Oscar

She better not even dare try it with me.

"Fine. I'll be there tomorrow night only if I can bring Oscar and Laurice." I looked at Martin and he shrugged

"Fine, we're okay with that." He looked between his two children and then back at the family he bought

"So I guess I'll see you tomorrow night..and congratulations." He looked back down at my hand and his little family stood up following him outside of my home.

Once they were out I turned over to Bry because I knew he was about to argue.

"Seriously Rih? Couldn't you at least be civil with them?" He questioned and I rolled my eyes walking to my kitchen

"Me? How about you! You knew how I'll react and you still brought them to MY house. You were asking for it." I shrugged

"I don't understand! You complained and resented him for years for walking out on us and not being in our lives now he's here. He's trying! He wants to be in our lives again." I shook my head in disbelief

"He comes back presents his happy family and you want me to make my way in there and forget the fact that our mother is stuck in that fucking place because of him?" I said loudly.

That's something I never wanted to talk or think about. My mum. Who was stuck in a rehabilitation hospital because of all the shit she's been through. And to have my father come in here flaunt his happy ending whilst she was stuck in that god danm place made me so angry.

"Just- I don't even know what to tell you. It's fucked up what happened to mum but we have him. Anything can happen do you want to live with regret?" He asked I rolled my eyes

"Fine. I'll try for you." But what I really wanted to say is that I didn't even care if he dies tomorrow. I wasn't going to bat an eyelash over it.

"I'll see you tomorrow.." He walked over to me kissing me on the forehead and then leaving.
I turned around to see Oscar casually leaning on the wall. He sent me a sympathetic smile.

"I fucking hate this shit." I frowned

"You're gonna hate it even more. Cuchillos made her first move."

I closed my eyes pinching the bridge of my nose.

And it kept on getting better and better

●●●●●●●●●●●

I realised there isn't a face claim for their dad so here ya go (I've updated the CAST list so I'm just going to write the names no pictures unless you want me to)

Martin Tiller -Idris Elba
New Wife aka Natasha Jones -Taraji P Henson
Daughter aka Cassie Jones - Kiana Lede