45

I held her there as we both silently cried

This was still so much to take in. When   the words left Emily's mouth I couldn't believe it. I had looked over at Keisha and Benji and by the looks on both of their faces it was true.

Robyn was once pregnant. With our baby.

The first thing I felt was happiness. At the idea of her and I having a kid together. Our little gang baby like we always joked but then it hit me. She was pregnant and there was no kid here.

And then I was filled with Rage. Rage over the fact that it happened and she didn't tell me. That was something that I needed to know.

It concerned me.

And then after that, the guilt sinked in. Was I really not paying that much attention  that I didn't even realise that my own girlfriend was pregnant?

And then she told me what happened.
The prophets. This explained where all the rage was coming from..this justified her leaving Freeridge and Killing the guys that jumped her. It all made so much sense. Even if i don't agree with how she went about things, she didn't need to leave Freeridge. But I understood.

Our baby would've probably turned 3. I shook my head not wanting to think more about it. It would be torture to myself.

She finally pulled away from me and looked up.

She's been through so much and I wasn't even there for her. I should've been there for her.

"I need to leave. I can't stay here or else I'll go back there and hurt her."  She looked back at my house.

"Go, I'll come by later. I need to take care of some things."  I was dead set on taking care of one particular thing tonight.

I titled her head up and connected my lips with hers. I watched as she walked over to the car where Keisha sat there waiting. And I watched them drive away.

I sighed and turned around, Benji was standing there.

"You okay homes?" He asked giving me a look of uncertainty.

I felt bad that all of this happened on his first Birthday party as a freeman.

"Get these people out of my house." He nodded and I walked in.

I went to Cesar's room to see Emily sat there on the bed fidgeting. When I walked in she looked up getting on her feet quickly.

"Spooky  I'm-"

"Shut the fuck up. Pack your shit and get ready to get the fuck out of my house." My voice was cold.

Her eyes widened. "Spooky I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. Look at least we have our baby." She grabbed my hands attempting to put it on her bump but I yanked it out of her hold.

"You came into my house. I let you stay here because of my kid. And You corner my girl, use my mano's birthday to air out my girl and I's business like that. Infront of everyone-"  I glared down at her she slowly backed away as I stalked closer  "-You not only ruined Benji's Birthday, but you embarassed me. You disrespected my girl. You better thank my baby girl for this or else I would've killed you for the fucking shit you just pulled puta."  I growled.

"But I'm pregnant. What if they come after me because I'm having your baby." Her voice was shaky.

"Imma protect you because of my kid. Only because of that, now you better hurry up before I drag your shit out the streets." I gave her a once over and then left the room.

I wanted to tell her more than what I just did. I wanted to tell her to pray that this baby was mine. I prayed that it was, or else I would have her blood on my hands.  If that baby wasn't mine. I was going to kill her.

And I was going to make it slow.

I walked into the living room to see Benji sitting on the sofa and Chico standing in the corner of the room. The place looked a mess but I was glad everyone was out of the house.

"Mano, I'm sorry your big day was ruined." I apologised.

He shrugged. "Narh, You weren't the one that ruined it." He smacked his lips

We all turned to see Emily walk in with her bags in both hands. She was struggling.... and I watched her struggle.

"What's going on?" Chico asked eyeing Emily and the bags in her hands.

Another thing I prayed was that he wasn't involved in any of this shit.

Or else I wouldn't know how to act

"She's leaving." I glanced at a teary eyed Emily. 

"But she's pregnant." Chico frowned.

He wasn't helping himself not one bit.

"Well since you care about her so much, drive her home. I'll have two men watch over her apartment. But I don't want her in my house" I told him.

"Oscar.." she tried to grab my hand but I stepped backed.

"Get the fuck out of my house." I pointed to the front door.

It's true she was pregnant. The only reason I tolerated her was because she was the mother of the baby that was supposedly mine. I kept her around to keep my baby safe. But tonight she stepped out of line.

There are two things I hated that she did tonight.

Number One - She aired out business that was no one's danm business. I valued my privacy and Robyn's. People didn't need to know about things unless I wanted them to know

Nunber two-  She disrepected Robyn. And i wasn't having none of that shit. She knew she lost the baby and she rubbed her pregnancy in Robyn's face.

That's my girl, disrespect her you disrespect me

I didn't even look as she walked out of the house with Chico. I wanted her out so that I could go over and sleep next to Robyn.

We both needed each other tonight, me more than she might do.

"You knew?"  I looked down at Benji and he nodded slowly 

"She didn't tell me, Keisha did, that night she saw Emily.  I would've told you hermano, but it wasn't my secret to tell."

It wasn't Emily's either.

How did she know?