15

I looked over at her as she sat in the passenger seat

I looked over at her as she sat in the passenger seat. Silent.
She was deep in thought.

I was too and it was not about the money.
If Cuchillos had to choose between the two of us she would choose her. She didn't like just anyone but she liked Robyn.

Everyone liked her.
She just had this thing about her.

I glanced at her as she bit her lip. She was frowning.
I wanted to know what she was thinking.

"Robyn." She looked over at me leaning her head on the window

"I'm sorry." I really was.
"For everything. For the wild accusations and all that. Why won't you tell me what happened? I'm trying to understand. I'm trying to understand you. But you won't let me." I sounded desperate, i was but i wanted to know.

This conversation wasn't going to happen while i was driving.
I would probably drive this car off the road and kill both of us.

So i parked on the side of the freeway putting my hazard lights on.

This was an emergency.

I don't think I'm ready to hear what she really had to say.

She sighed turning her body towards me.

"You really want to know? Then why didn't you ask me in the first place instead of assuming Oscar? That's my problem. You seriously thought I'd want to leave you? We talked about alot of things. Our future. The six kids we wanted to have. The big house with the white fences and the big black gates And you think I'd just leave all that behind knowing how inlove with you i was?" She questioned.

She was no longer putting up a tough front.
For a sec i saw the old Robyn.
The one who liked to talk about her feelings. The one that forced me to speak up whenever something was bothering me. The one who sat up late at night comforting me whenever i had to kill someone.

"I'm sorry. I was just hurt. I didn't know what to do."

"Communication is key Oscar."

"Communication is key Robyn, yet you're the one who won't tell me why you left?" I was tired at this point.

Tired of the back and forth between the two of us.

"You really want to know? That night you sent Chico to check up on me. Two prophets paid me a visit."

My jaw clenched.

"They kicked my ass." She chuckled dryly.

This was not a laughing matter.
I was pissed off and i felt guilty.

"They beat me so bad Oscar. I can still feel every kick and punch they threw at me. I spent 3 days at the hospital. You weren't there. Chico was you need to understand that . He knew about it. I had to leave because i didn't want to be another one of your problems. Lord knows you had so many. I left because You didn't need to protect me."

"I'm sorry i wasn't there. I just had so much shit going on with Cesar being Kidnapped. And pressure from the others to get back at the Prophets for killing their families I just didn't have time. I'm sorry."

The guilt inside me was eating me alive.

Yes i pushed her away.

But never in a million years would I even think about leaving her alone by herself in a moment like that.
She was a target for being mine which is why i ordered two of my men to watch over her every night i was away from her.

I just had to get shit in order then I was going to go back to her.

She was also my priority.

It sucked not being able to be there but i thought she was going to be safe.

I could feel my blood boiling.

Where the fuck was the two idiots that was suppose to be there for her?
Why was Chico the one that found her?
Why didn't i know about this?

"It's okay Oscar. I know you had Cesar to worry about. I'm sorry for what i said earlier. I never wanted you to choose between me and Cesar, in that moment and not ever. He's all you got and vice versa..your brother is more important." She sent a small smile my way

I sighed leaning further into the seat.
I wanted the whole seat to swallow me.
Swallow my feelings.

I absolutely loved this woman. She was my first. My first Love and i wanted her to be my last.

I knew that was wishful thinking.

She moved on, she was not the same girl i knew. The girl i fell inlove with.

Loving her now was going to be like loving a whole different person again.

But she'll always have my heart

●●●●●●○○○○○○●●●●●●
(Edited)

A Short one 👀😬