87

I left my room to my doorbell ringing

I left my room to my doorbell ringing. I was just in the toilet emptying my guts out. This was the part of pregnancy I didn't like at all. The first time I thought I was sick but now I knew I was pregnant.

I've become so paranoid, and I needed to go see a doctor soon which meant I needed to tell Oscar.

I opened the door to frown at the sight of Cassie.

"What are you doing here?" I asked not too happy with her presence after the dinner.

"Look. We started on the wrong foot. I've always wanted a sister and now you're here,so I came here to make it up to you." She gave me a small smile.

I raised an eyebrow studying her. She sounded genuine but if she was like her mother, she could be a two faced bitch.

"So, I thought we could spend the day together." She suggested

"Did Martin put you up to this?" I questioned. That might've been the only reason she was here. He forced her to make amends.

"Actually no. I came here voluntarily." She shrugged.

I looked down at my attire and back at her. This was what Bryson meant, I was stuck with Martin's new family and I could see that he was trying so the best thing to do is actually try to get along with her and her wretched mother.

"Yeah I guess, come in I'll just get ready."

We decided to take separate cars. I refused to take her car and having her leave me if things got heated and the other way around because I felt like shit was going to get stirred up.

We decided to have lunch in a restaurant in The city. I sat opposite her focusing on my menu rather than her.

"So, Martin said you left Freeridge and moved to the city for a few years why was that?" She asked putting her own menu down

"Well, I got jumped so I had to leave." I shrugged keeping my answer short as possible.

"Really? That surely isn't enough reason to leave." She let out a small laugh.

I bit my tongue.

"Well, When I got jumped I was pregnant so I had a miscarriage." I shrugged and she gasped

"Wow. I'm sorry. Was the baby Oscar's?" My nails dig into my palms.

"Yes." I looked at the people around us. I wondered how they'll react if I reached over and punched Cassie in the face.

"So how long have you and Oscar been together?" She picked her nails casually. I now understood the reason she invited me over. She didn't care about getting to know me, she wanted to know about Oscar.

"Since I was 14." Her eyes widened.

"Oh really. That's nice. So you're engaged now." I wanted her to ask me what my favourite colour was, what's my favourite childhood memory. She only had questions about my relationship

"I am. He's mine and I'm his. No one can get in between us. I dare someone to try and They'll regret it." I looked her dead in the eyes. I was telling her if she tried something she was going to regret it. I didn't care who she was.

The waiter came over and took our order and we sat there in a very uncomfortable silence.

"Robyn?" I looked up to see Jonathan.

"Jonathan." I smiled getting out of my seat meeting him pulling him into a hug.

"You're glowing. You look amazing." He complimented and I turned red.

"It's only been a few months Jo." I smirked.

"A little bit too long don't you think." He smiled at me and then looked towards Cassie.

"Hi,I'm Cassie her Step sister." Cassie stood up introducing herself

Not by choice

Jonathan turned to look at me with raised eyebrows. Let's just say he knew all about my family history. When I couldn't go to Oscar I vented to him,and he was a good listener.

"Jonathan, a friend of hers." He offered his hand and she shook it eyeing the both of us.

"A friend huh?" She asked in a suggestive tone. I rolled my eyes ignoring her turning back to Jonathan.

"Look, Oscar's friends are throwing an engagement party this weekend. You should come." I wanted to hang out with him. I actually missed him.

"You're engaged?" He asked his eyes going down to my hand. I nodded happily

"Yeah, happened last week."

"Wow, t-that's great." He blinked shaking his head to snap out whatever trance he was in. I had an idea what he was thinking.

"Yeah, I'll text you the details,and it's your choice on whether you want to come or not." I put my hands on his arms giving in a tight squeeze

"It was nice to see you. I should probably get going." He was here with his parents and when they saw me they gave me a small wave which I returned

"Kiss your mum and dad for me." And with one final hug he walked away.

I went back to my seat and my eyes narrowed at Cassie's face

"He's cute." She smirked

I nodded "Yeah, he's also a great friend."

"You're a very gorgeous girl must be hard for Oscar to see you around other man."
I thought about it, I don't think it bothered him too much because he knew that I only had eyes for him.

"To be honest, I've had a few people at school come to me but I've never given any of them the time of the day." I shrugged

"How about Oscar?" Again the O word coming out of her mouth

"Now he has a lot of girls who are attracted to him."

"Doesn't it bother you?" Did it? It was honestly crazy how many girls liked him. I didn't blame them because he was a sight for sore eyes. He was beautiful but sometimes it bothers me.

"Not really. I knew he'd never mess what we have up. "

"Hmm..." she sipped on the cocktail the waiter out on the table.

She eyed my glass of apple juice
"That's what you're having?"

I nodded
"Not really a big alcohol drinker and I'm not in the mood for it."

And I am also pregnant.

"Does Oscar drink?" I let out a loud groan

"Listen sister if you mention the name Oscar once again I will punch you," I warned.

"Oh god, are you that insecure?" She smirked.

I chuckled dryly

This was my cue to leave. I did not want to cause a scene in this restaurant,but I was going to.

"You know what? You're quite the bitch. My dad might be stuck with you and that snake you call your mother but I don't have to put up with any of this. So, please stay the fuck away from me and my family." I grabbed my bag pushing the chair back standing up.

As I was about to walk pass her seat I stopped,with my hand behind her head I brought it down smashing it into the table.

I smiled widely at the couple sitting next to us,staring at me with wide eyes as Cassie groaned.

"She was a bitch."