103

"Mommy Mommy

"Mommy Mommy." I turned around to the sound of my happiness calling my name. I never thought such words could break and mend my broken heart all at once.

There she was with her little curly pig tails in her cute little dress. She was the perfect version of both Oscar and I. Our love child. Every time I looked at her I  fall in love all over again.

"Come here sweety." I ushered her over, my heart skipped a beat with every hop she did hopping over to me.

I was a mom.

A cold breeze blew through my hair and chills ran down my spine, I looked pass her to see a black SUV pull up.

My heart dropped, when I saw a gun pointing directly towards my source of life.

"Baby.." I raced to her but it was too late, the gun shot was heard at the same time I caught her falling body.

I jolted awake in bed beads of sweat running down my face. My hands instinctively went to my stomach and I released a sigh of relief. It was all a nightmare but it felt so real.

"You okay?" Oscar asked on full alert as I panted heavily next to him.

"I just had a nightmare." I spoke up once I calmed down. Was a nightmare suppose to feel as real as this one did?

"Same one?" I nodded.

Same one.

I've been having the same nightmare with the same little girl at the same park with the same Black SUV with the same ending.

I knew this meant something, it was no coincidence that as soon as we made the decision to move and actually start the process of moving I get the same recurring nightmare every night.

"What if it means something Ossie?" I laid on back staring at the ceiling,in my almost empty room.

We were officially moving out of Freeridge,and i still wasn't sure whether it was the best idea.

"What if it's just that..a nightmare." I sighed turning to my side. Maybe it's just that.

The next morning we both woke up,doing the final bits and pieces left before we officially moved out of Freeridge, we settled for a house in Brentwood much to Oscar's dismay. He said it was way too boujee but it'd have to do for now. This was just a minor step and not the final one. I knew he wanted to have a house by the beach and we were going to get that.

"So you guys are really doing this?" Laurice asked helping me seal the last box of mine. She objected when we first brought it up so did everyone else but they understood. We were doing this for our baby and like us they all wanted our safety.

"Yeah...maybe now that we're actually moving Cuchillos can give us all a break." I really hope that was the case. But everything was so unpredictable.

"How's Oscar taking it?" I pursed my lips. The more real our move became the more I could see that he was regretting it. We barely spent time together,all his time was spent with The Santos partying , I understand he wants to savour every last minute of the time spent with them but it was going too far. We were moving a 20 to 30 minute drive away, we weren't moving states or even country, they were still going to be here.

"I overheard him tell Pablo how he thinks this is a bad idea." My mood did a 180, I overheard him by accident and when I asked him that night again whether it was a good idea or not he said it was the best thing to do..... for the baby. He lied.

The baby was the reason for everything, I knew we were doing it because of her but I wanted him to say for us. This was as much our lives as it is our baby's.

"He'll warm up to it trust me." She grabbed my hand giving it a tight squeeze

"I don't know about that. Where is he now?.." I questioned "...If this is how's its going be me, me stuck in a house by myself whilst he's here in freeridge most of the time I don't see the need to move."

This was suppose to be the best and safest decision we could make but I could already see problems arising from it.

It felt like I was the one moving by myself.