109

3-part special because our girl got hitched

••••••••

"Is this what happiness feels like?" Robyn sat at the table her mum was at. Everyone was dancing and there wasn't any worry in sight.

"It's not always rainbows honey. You're about to be tested now." Kirstin looked at her daughter happily.

Robyn looked over at Oscar who was with the boys each with a blunt in hand and a glass of whatever. He had the hugest smile on his face and whatever had happened with the whole move, was gone from her mind. They're okay now.

She winced when she felt a sharp pain in her stomach.
"Are you okay?" Kirstin asked in worry looking at her daughter.

Robyn winced again feeling the hard punch, this wasn't her baby kicking. A feeling of dread settled in the pit of her stomach and she suddenly felt lightheaded.

Could she be going into Labour? She was only 33 weeks and she wasn't ready.

"Oscar." Kirstin called her son in-law over and as soon as he heard his name being called his eyes snapped to the pair and he frowned when he saw the look of discomfort on Robyn's face. He got on his feet getting rid of the blunt.

"Hey,Is everything okay?" He crouched down infront of her. Robyn tried to keep her breathing steady. She couldn't put it into words but she felt like something was wrong.

~

Dwayne sat with his wife in his arms as they laughed. In this moment he was happy.

He looked down at his phone ringing and he got on his feet finding a quiet place to take the call.

"What's up?"

"D-Dwayne.." It was Brendon, one of the cooks and his voice was shaky.

"It's the joint.." he didn't need to hear more, rushing to the table he was sitting at grabbing his keys and his jacket. He ignored the questions from His wife but hope she understood.

Unknown to him,Brendon stood at a safe distance with the rest of the crowd as he watched Dwayne's joint burn down. He had no idea how it was possible he had just locked up an hour ago and he had double checked and made sure everything was off.

~

"Have you ever seen him this happy?" Pablo asked remembering Oscar's face the entire time. From
The moment he saw Robyn walk down the aisle, to their first dance till now. Oscar has never been happier

" this that destiny shit you see in movies isn't it." Benji smirked also happy for his primo.

They were interrupted when Gio patted Pablo's back to get his attention. He wouldn't have woken up if he didn't see the look on his face.

"What's wrong?" This was his cousin, if he was reacting this way then something was wrong.

"Abuelita... Nina just called me.....someone broke in and attacked her Pabs...she's in the hospital."

Fuck was the only thought he had.

He looked back at the wedding party. As much as he loved Oscar this was his abuelita, she was old,frail and the only living family member he cared about.

~~~~~~~

"You know I didn't expect him to last that long." Gio joked and both Bryson and Laurice agreed.

"He was the only boyfriend that didn't cower and I hated that shit." Bryson laughed.

He still remembers the first time he met him, he knew of Oscar Diaz but to actually meet him sneaking out of his sister's bedroom window that shit was something he wasn't prepared for.

He remembered giving Robyn so much slack even threatening to kill him but that didn't stop them.

Gio was about to speak when his phone dinged. He looked down and read the message with a frown on his face. He excused himself and dialled the number.

"What?" He answers rather rudely but when the other person on the other hand spoke his face fell an anger building inside of him.

He stood there after hanging up the phone contemplating what to do. This was his best friend's sister's wedding and they didn't need to worry like that.

So with his car keys in his pocket he left.

~~~

"Could this be any more perfect?" Oscar asked with Robyn on her lap. Her uneasiness had passs and they were now enjoying the moment.

"I can't wait till we go away." She smiled.

They were going all the way with this wedding thing, Laurice managed to convince them to book a honeymoon so they chose Mexico. Oscar had always planned to bring her there and show her his roots.

And everything was going to be perfect

But unknown to the newlyweds three of the people they cared about had been hit with a tragedy.

Unknown to them they all left without saying a word.

And Unknown to everyone, a war was about to start that was going to end very badly.