125

I sat on the bed eyeing Oscar suspiciously

I sat on the bed eyeing Oscar suspiciously. Ever since his little trip to Target he came back different. I had no idea why but I knew he wasn't telling me something.

Let's call it female intuition and plus he was making it obvious.

"Osc...." I called out and he turned around looking at me rubbing the lotion on his chest.

"Is everything okay?" I pursed my lips knowing he was going to lie to me.

"Everything's fine hermosa." He walked over pecking me on the lips before going back infront of the mirror.

This is one of the very few nights we had together and I didn't want us to spend it like this, me knowing something was wrong and him pretending that everything was okay.

"You can't fool me Oscar. I've known you for years. So tell me what's wrong." I walked over wrapping my arms around his torso. I loved the height difference between the two of us. It was just right.

He sighed leaning into me.
"I saw Bianca at Target." I stood up straight removing my arms from its place.

He turned towards me studying my blank face carefully.

"Oh? How is she?" I asked silently walking back to the bed.

I was ready to call it a night suddenly feeling very tired.

"She's fine. She looks good.." my eyes turned into slits and that's when he knew he said the wrong thing.

"Robyn..come on don't be like that. I just meant she looked healthy." He clenched his jaw giving me a tired look.

"Okay and what exactly did she have to say?" I crossed my arms raising my eyebrows. Knowing her I bet she had a lot to say.

"She asked how we were that's it." He shrugged

"Oh okay does she know you have a kid? We're married? Not like that's ever stopped her." I scoffed rolling my eyes whispering the last part but I knew Oscar heard it by the look of annoyance on his face.

"She was our friend Robyn." I raised my eyebrow at that.

"No, she was one of my best friend Its hard to forget really when I've grown up with her and guess what I'm also not going to forget her trying to sleep with you too countless of times."

Bianca was a snake. A venomous snake who just so happened to be one of my very good friends back when Oscar and I started dating. And just like when we were toddlers whenever she saw something I had she wanted it and it was no different with Oscar.

He turned to me,giving me a drop it look. This was always the reaction when it involved Bianca. He never wanted to talk about it but as much as I hated it it was the truth.

"I can never get a break from these girls with you. Never got one break from them,they just keep coming one after the other even my own fucking best friend wanted you." I kissed my teeth rolling my eyes.

Emily,Aisha,Khelani and now Bianca, might as well be the whole female population of Freeridge.

"Can't get a break with these girls? What about you and these putos out here that want you huh?" He fired back glaring at me.

"What putos? You're the only one that seems to think there's actually other guys that want me." I got on my feet now ready to start an argument.

I was thankful that Naomi was in her nursery and we were being considerate with our noise level and the walls were thick because I knew things were about to get heated.

"Oh what putos ? How about that gringo Jonathan huh? You're quick to tell me about him calling me a deadbeat but missed out the part where he kissed you while I laid on a hospital bed." My eyes widened at that.

I had completely forgotten about that and Oscar knew all about it. How?

"Cats got your tongue huh? When the fuck were you going to tell me about that? And here you are down my neck about Bianca?" I bit my lips as his words got louder.

"Keep your voice down." I warned. I looked away suddenly feeling guilty.

"How did you find out about that?" I wasn't expecting this conversation to take a turn like this. I knew I brought this on myself.

"You seem to be good at keeping things from me too." He stalked towards me slowly and I frowned as his words.

"What are you even talking about now Oscar?" I sighed

"Look at me in the eyes and tell me you weren't already planning to leave Freeridge and give our baby up for adoption." My heart dropped and I stood there speechless, like a deer caught in headlights.

"Arabella Diaz huh? Is that why you gave Naomi her second name? Because that's what you wanted to call her sister?" His voice was low, Oscar was gone and was now replaced with Spooky. Spooky never made an appearance when it came to me.

Spooky was scary.

I backed away from him not knowing what to say. Because he was absolutely right, I was never planning to keep the baby, I'm ashamed to actually admit it but it was the truth. To me I was too young to be a parent regardless of whether Oscar and I were together. To me we were both not ready to be parents.

"I bet you were thankful when you got jumped. Saved you the trouble of carrying the baby and then having to give her up. Must be the reason you didn't tell me in the first place huh?" I looked down at his clenching fist. He was angry, no scratch that he was pissed off, more pissed off than I've ever seen him.

"Oscar-." I started but I didn't know what to say. I wanted to cry and cower away in corner. I knew he was hurt, I could see it all over his face.

"Don't say that. You have no idea how I felt when I found out I was pregnant. I was too young, we were too young for that. We were both not ready to be parents. Abortion was out of the question, that's something I'll never do. Giving her a home where she would actually be taken care of was better than having raised her in the situation we were in." I made a move to grab his hand but he flinched away from me.

"You had a lot on your plate. I had school. We weren't in the best situation to be parents. As much as we wanted to be."

I was planning to put the baby up for adoption until I actually heard her heart beating, the moment I actually got a scan and saw how big she was getting, the moment I started seeing a small bump and feeling her inside of me I changed my mind completely. All the things about us having too much on our plates, about me being young didn't matter and I wanted to be a mother. Which is why when I miscarried I lost myself completely, I was finally letting the fact that I was pregnant and I was going to keep the baby sink in but I didn't get to have that. I wanted to tell Oscar all of that but he didn't give me the chance too.

Instead he grabbed his t-shirt on the chair and walked out of the room. By the sound of the front door being shut I knew he left.