124

"What are we even doing here?" I ignored Bryson walking further down the aisle

"What are we even doing here?" I ignored Bryson walking further down the aisle. He's asked that question for the fifth time now and I was tired of hearing it and he wasn't making this any easier for me.

"Grocery shopping. You wanted to come with me not the other way around." And with that I walked away from him. If he wanted to leave he could.

Why was I here? Because I had to buy some things for Naomi plus Robyn wanted food.This was one of my many duties of being a husband and a father, two things I still haven't gotten use to. But I was slowly getting the hang of it.

I was walking down the aisle when my name was called. I frowned turning around my eyes widening slightly when I saw who it was.

"Ha sido tan largo." She exclaimed walking over to me. I eyed her petite form and her hair which was still dyed coal black, she really hasn't changed one bit.

"How are you?" She asked pulling me into a hug. I stiffened in her arms but returned it.

"Good. I've been doing good, you know just chilling with the homies and the fam ." I mastered up a smile.
I looked around making sure that Bryson didn't see this or else this wasn't going to be fun for anyone.

"A bit of an odd aisle for you to be in." I looked around to see that we were standing right infront of baby diapers. I couldn't help but feel nervous.

"Yeah...Actually need to get some." I chuckled pointing at the newborn diapers.
Her face and her eyes widened in shock.She opened her mouth to say something but ended up pursing her lips.

"You're a dad?" She asked and I nodded with a small smile on my face "Yeah, a baby girl." A beautiful one too.

"Wow. I never thought I'd see this day. You always said you wanted a little girl and here you are." She chuckled.

I scratch the back of my neck not sure what needed to be said after this. I was hoping she said Nice to meet you and then walk away but I knew Bianca too well. She was around both Robyn and I most of the time so I grew to know her very well.

"So Who's the lucky girl?" She asked leaning on her cart.

"Robyn." Her eyes widened even more.

"Oh. Didn't she leave Freeridge?" She wasn't being discreet at all, she was never one to mind her business.

"Didn't you do too? A little bit after she left?" I fired back. I didn't mean to sound snappy but talking to her at this moment while Bryson was with me was a bad idea and I didn't want to get caught.

She let out a small laugh. "So you two had a kid? You were always inseparable." She smiled but I knew it wasn't genuine.

"Yeah and we're married too." I waved my left hand showing her my wedding band.

"¡Dios mío! I've been away for too long. Wow! A father? And married I didn't know you had it in you." She said in disbelief.

I frowned trying to hide my annoyance. She was acting like I didn't talk about this with Robyn most of the time while she was around. But I can understand, I was still a kid no one knew how serious I was.

"Well it was always going to be her."

She chuckled dryly looking at the contents of her cart "Yeah, It was always going be her."

I tensed at the awkward silence and even more when she made eye contact with me giving me a sad smile.

"How is she anyway?" I licked my lips and didn't miss her eyes watching me do it.

"She's doing great. She's wonderful actually."

"Wow. I knew I shouldn't have left Freeridge. Maybe I would've gotten the chance with you." She said in a joking manner but I knew it wasn't a joke.

"Yeah. Everything happens for a reason doesn't it." I forced a smile.

I looked passed her pretending to look for something. I needed any excuse to get out of this conversation before Bryson finds us like this. I knew he wouldn't t hesitate to tell Robyn about this and that wouldn't be good for me at all.

"Well it was nice seeing you."

"Yeah. You too. You still look good. Actually you look better." She smirked and I smiled awkwardly.

It was unbelievable how cowardly I acted when it came to Bianca. We were very good friends and we hang out a lot,and now everything was just awkward.

"Thanks you look good too." I complimented taking the diapers and putting it in my own cart. She looked down at it and then shook her head.

As I made a move to walk away she spoke up "You know Robyn is a very lucky girl. Anyone would kill to have what she has."

I gave her a lazy smirk before walking away. I shook my head in deep thought. She was back in Freeridge and just like old times I knew she was about to cause trouble not only for me but for Robyn.

"You okay fool? You acting like you saw a ghost." I almost jumped back when Bryson appeared infront of me. I clenched my jaw shaking my head dismissing him.

I might've well seen one.