22

"What you cheesing about?" Benji came and sat next to me as we lounged infront of the house

It was hot, but this was expected in Freeridge.  But I'm blaming the heat on that global warming shit.

I didn't realise I had this stupid ass smile on my face and I immediately wiped it off.

"Where were you last night? First night out of the slammer and you weren't even there to greet a homie."

Benji was my cousin but I always treated him like an older brother. He was locked up for 10 but got out after 6 for good behaviour and he was now back.

"Nah ese just had some things I needed to take care  of." I shrugged it off. Hoping he would stop talking about it.

"Narh vato. I know you went to see that fine ass hyna you've been with since you were like 12."
I raised an eyebrow and glanced at him, he has this stupid smirk on his face.

"Not 12." I corrected, I was actually 16.

"Might as well be homie. Is she your wife now?word on the streets she La Princessa Divine.  But she left your bald ass."

The thing about Benji is he has no filter, none at all. Whatever came to his mind he said it outloud without thinking.
Which is why he always ended up in fights.
But he could throw a punch though.

"She is. But she's not my wife." I answered watching as Khelani got out of a car making her way towards us.

"Not yet you mean? You guys had that cute puppy love back then. She's not just a cute hyna ella es una esposa"
(She's a wife)

"Who's a wife?" Khelani spoke up once she got to us removing my hands and sitting on my lap.

Benji looked at her in disgust
"Not your hoe ass for sure."  He spat out looking away from her in digust

I tried my best not to laugh.

"Can you get off my Hermano's lap. We talking business here." He said to Khelani who just looked at him with a blank face 

"Well, Spooky never mind me around when talking business." She bit back

"Well this one is none of your god danm business puta."

Khelani gasped and looked down to me as if I was going to help her ass.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?Spooky who the fuck is this.?!" She asked loudly removing her hands from my shoulder and standing up.

Benji stood up towering over her, I just leaned back on the sofa.

"Well Puta I'm his big brother.  Watch how YOU speak to me. Now vete de mi cara"
(Get the fuck out of my face)

Scoffing she left us alone, walking away from the house.

I let out a small laugh. "Didn't they teach you how to treat a lady?" I asked in amusement