97

One thing I was certain of is that Oscar was going to lose his shit

One thing I was certain of is that Oscar was going to lose his shit. He was going to go bat shit crazy and I wouldn't blame him.

I was speeding behind the ambulance with a deadly grip on the steering wheel. I looked at my phone and dialled Keisha's number

"Yes?" She answered. I had a big lump in my throat I didn't even know what I was going to say to her. Rih was her friend more than her boss.

"Keish, if you're in the room with Oscar leave and stand in the hallway." I instructed. She hesitated on the other line no doubt trying to wrap her head around what I just told her.

"What's going on Benji?" She questioned and I could hear the uncertainty in her voice.

"Rih's been Shot." My heart sank as I said it. It was so hard to believe it,one second we were were standing in the living room,. talking and the next a car was driving by with men and guns in hand.

"Where are you guys now?" She kept her cool. Her voice was calm but I knew she was anything but

"We're about 5 minutes out from the hospital."

"I-is it bad?" Her voice was low. I didn't know how to respond to that. She got shot in the stomach and she was pregnant,I didn't know a lot about pregnancies but I knew that wasn't a good thing.

"I don't know." I replied honestly. The look on both Oscar's and her face when he told us about the baby was irreplaceable,they were so happy it waas unbelievable,in all my life I've never seen Oscar so happy but now that might not happen. First she got jumped and had a miscarriage and now she gets shot, I had no idea what kind of bad luck Rih had to go through such thing.

"Do you want me to tell Oscar?" Did I?

"Not yet. I just need to be sure she's okay first." It was a bad idea to keep this from Oscar especially knowing that the life of his fiancé and his baby was at risk.

"Benji...I won't be able to keep this away from him." She argued and I knew it.

I parked the car and grabbed the phone getting out of the car. I rushed to where I saw Pablo and I could see that he had blood on his hands and a look of panic on his face.

"This is fucking bad Benji." He said in worry. This was bad. When Oscar finds out I don't think anyone was going to be safe.

"What's the patient's name?" A nurse in scrubs asked

"Urh,Robyn Tiller." I replied still keeping up with their pace. I looked down at Her as she laid there. My eyes went to her stomach but quickly went back to the nurse's face.

"What happened exactly?"

"She got shot...a drive by. We live in Freeridge." I added the last part. Freeridge was known for its gang violence so there was no use in lying about that.