40

It was a race of us against time

As soon as the words left Oscar's mouth we were all out of the house and on our eay to his.

My heart was racing.

I was happy but i was confused.

According to Pablo he opened the door to them outside tied up and blindfolded.

They were unharmed..

As soon as I parked the car i was out the door running to Oscar's front door.

We met each other at the door and he opened it for me.

My eyes widneed as i saw their faces

"Robyn." Jamal woke up and ran over to me and i pulled him into a hug.

"Oh my god Jam. I'm so glad you're okay."  I pulled away examining him to see if there wasn't any bruises.

I then looked over at the others.

I walked over to Ruby and pulled him in a hug.
"I'm so happy you're alright Rubs." I kissed his forehead.

I then moved to the Finnie Girl.

"You okay?" I asked and she nodded. She still looked shaken up and my heart fell for her.
"Come here."i pulled her into a tight hug
"You're not allowed to stay at home alone. We have a few spare bedrooms one of it is yours."

I pulled back to see her in tears.
"Thank you." She choked.

I turned towards Cesar who had Oscar's arms wrapped around him.

Oscar was crying. 
I knew he blamed himself for this.
But none of it was his fault.

We still had no idea who was behind it.

We had alot of questions to ask but now was not the time.

I walked over to them and as soon as Cesar saw me he pulled me into a hug.

I smiled and hugged him tighter.

I could then feel another set of arm and looked up to see Oscar hugging the both of us.

Soon Ruby, Jamal and Monse joined.

"I promise you guys we won't let anything like that happen again."

My eyes met Oscar and we both made a silent promise.

No harm was to come to these kids under our watch. 

Ruby's family had picked him up and Jamal had just left.

I asked Keisha to go with Monse to her house to pick some clothes up so that she could stay at Laurice and I.

I leaned on the kitchen counter biting my cheeks.

I looked up when the girl walked in.

I didn't even notice her earlier but i knew she was here.

I finally took her in.

Not Oscar's type at all.

My eyes lingered om her bump and then went back to her eyes which was glaring at me.

I simply rolled my eyes at her.

I ignored her as she walked around the small kitchen doing god knows what.

"Excuse me." She said with attitude.

I gave her a once over and moved.

I was leaning against a wall when with the same tone the girl decided to speak up.
"Excuse me."

I frowned.
"I'm standing near a wall where the hell do you want me to go?" I questioned annoyed.

I wasn't standing in between her and anything she needed. I knew she was doing this to get a reaction out of me

And she was about to get one too.

"How about out of this house." I was taken by suprise at her boldness.

Laurice had told me about her little attitude. It was one thing to hear about it and another thing to actually see it.

"Okay listen up, You might be carrying his baby sweety. But let's not forget that your baby can call me mummy when Oscar takes her away from you."  My eyes narrowed at her.

"Oh really?" She glared

"Do not test me. The only reason you're in here is because of that baby inside of you. Don't think you're special."

"Everything okay here?" I looked up to see Chico standing there.

He gave a pointed look to the nameless girl and she scoffed leaving the kitchen

"She's a bitch, don't mind her." Chico smirked

"Thank you Chico."

"For what?"

"You said everything was going to be okay. It might not be completely but Jamal's back now. I think you manifested it." I gave him a genuine smile.

"Well, it was bound to happen.  I'm just happy you're happy. You can rest now." He put his hands on top of mine and squeezed it.

"Well, i have to get going. Urgh, see you Chics." 

I walked out of the kitchen to bump into Benji.

"Thank you Benji." I gave him a look of understanding and he returned it with a nod.

"Tell Oscar I'll talk to him later." My eyes landed on the nameless girl again.

I gave Benji one last look

"I think you should stay away from him chica?"  Benji whispered as Chico walked away.

"What do you mean that's Chico. He's like my big brother." I brushed off Benji's non sense.

"He also likes you mami. You can't be that dumb." I bit my lip not wanting to say anything

"And plus ma, I've been doing some research of my own. Rumour has it him and little Miss Emily use to have a thing going on." My eyes widened

"And you remember King?"

My gaze turned hard at the name

"That was his half sister."

I looked at him in disbelief

What?

Once out of eyesight i dialed Keisha's number 

"Keish can you do a background check on Emily Lovelace and find any connection between her and Charles Diogo." It felt weird saying Chico's real name.

But it had to be done