23

"Why do we have a bunch of kids in our living room again?"Laurice whispered as we both looked over

First came Jamal and then the other three was at my door.

Why?  I don't know.

"I don't know but I'm making cupcakes."

"Whatever just don't trash the house. I'm off to Gio's." She kissed the side of my face and left.

I was busy in the kitchen when Monse sat on the stool at the kitchen island just looking at me.

I raised an eyebrow curiously
Now, I've never really spoken to her but i knew she had quite the attitude from what I've been told.

In a way she reminded me of a girl i used to know. She was just misunderstood.

Sometimes i could see myself in her.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Urhm  I don't know. Can i ask you something?" I put down my spatula and stood in front of her leaning on my hands.

"Ask away hun."

"How did it feel like being Oscar's girlfriend?" I was taken aback by her question

"- Like were you ever scared, felt unsafe?"

I smiled at the young girl.
I was once in her shoes. The only difference was i had no one to talk about these things with

I just went with the flow.

"Well, it's rough and tough. I can't even count how many times i wanted to break things off with him. Being associated with him meant that I was never safe. I always had a target on my back and i always had to look over my shoulder."

"Then why did you stay? I mean you could've been killed. Kidnapped or something."

I shrugged. "Well, to be honest I loved him. I always felt safe with him regardless of everything and i now know he would never risk me getting hurt..Oscar is alot of things and i know you're not a big fan but one thing i was sure about was his love for me. "

"Even now i don't think he'll let anyone hurt me." I shrugged

"Is everything okay between you and Cesar?"  I nodded towards the younger Diaz who was playing Uno with the others

"Yes it is. It's just everyday he's getting deeper in Los Santo and I'm afraid I'll lose him. I just want him to be safe."

"Well, As long as Oscar is around he'll always be safe and I'll make sure he is also.. and Monse something you have to accept is that Los Santo is in his blood. You can't change that."

"Do you love him?" I asked.

This wasn't the Monse i knew. This girl infront of me looked vulnerable and scared. I could see that she really cared about Cesar..

"I don't know. I don't even know what love is. But i don't think there's love between us,definitely not what you and Oscar have."

My heart felt heavy.

"You know you can't compare what Oscar and I have to your situation Monse. You're still young. You have alot to figure out."

If she needed me, i was going to be there. She wasn't half bad as i thought. 

"Do you ever regret it? Like staying with Oscar? Not leaving Freeridge sooner?"

I looked down biting my lip.

Did i regret it?

I always thought about how my life would be if i hadn't met Oscar.

But i couldn't see myself living it.

"Honestly, i don't think i regret it. I think things happen for a reason Monse. I believe in that kind of bullshit. 
I don't think I'll change anything."

I really wouldn't

"Now come here help me with this Icing. You hang out with Boys too much." I gave her a genuince smile. 

I could hear the doorbell ring and i knew someone went to answer it

"What's up bitches."

I knew that voice way too well...

Jasmine just walked in.

●●●●●●●●●●●●

I don't know how to feel about posting the next chapter but I'm gonna do it 👀😬

Just prepare yourselves.