26

I was in and out of consciousness with only the sound of the heart monitor beating

It took some time but i could finally see clearly. I slowly looked around the room and saw Oscar sitting there his head in his hands.

I smiled.
"That's not exactly what i wanna see when i wake up." My voice was hoarse, my throat dry.

His head shot up and he was quickly on his feet and by my side holding my hand.

"You fucking scared me ñena."

I chuckled.

"This isn't the first time this has happened Oscar."

"And I'm always the one by your hospital bed."

"Yes you are. Can i have some water."

He grabbed the jug and gave me some water putting in a straw.

"How long have i been out?" My coice was now clearer

"5 hours."

"The doctor had to sedate you because you wouldn't stop shaking.... your heart stopped for 1 minute Robyn." He frowned.

I could see the tears welling in his eyes.

I squeazed his hand in comfort.

"But I'm okay now."

He leaned forward and kissed my forehead
"Yes you are hermosa."

"How's Bryson?" I asked.

"Still the same. You're the only one left to see him. Gio forced Laurice to go home because she wouldn't leave your hospital bed."

I chuckled.

Typical Laurice.

"I want to get off this hospital bed Oscar." I tried to sit up but i felt dizzy.

That was clearly not happening soon.

"Doctor said no. You're still under observation.  Maybe tomorrow. But now i want you to rest." He ordered.

"Fine. Only because you ordered nicely."

"I'll be right here chica. I'm not leaving you."

You are definitely not

And i closed my eyes going back to sleep

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up annoyed to the sound of voices arguing. 

I opened my eyes to see Jamal and the group and also Laurice. Even Jasmine was here.

"Can you guys shut the fuck up." I muttered.

"See she's okay." Ruby frowned at Jamal.

"And still has a bad mouth." Laurice smirked.

"I thought i lost you." Jamal walked over to me.

I could see the faint tear lines on his face and his eyes were red.

He's been crying.

"It was just a panic attack J. I'm fine now."  I smiled. I was okay now.

It was my job to worry about him not the other way round

"Your heart stopped for 1 minute Robyn. 1 fucking minute what if you didn't wake up. I'm not quite sure what I'll do without you."

I was on the verge of tears as i looked at him.

"Jam, I'm not leaving you. I'll never leave you. It won't be that easy to get rid of me." I smirked

"It better not be." Laurice spoke up.

I took her in. She had bags under her eyes and she looked exhausted.

I felt bad.

"Okay Okay there's way too many of you in here." Oscar walked in with a couple of bags.

"Yes, You guys need to leave. And give them some space." Laurice gave them all a pointed look.

"But i haven't even said hi."  Jasmine pouted

"And he's been with her all night."Monse frowned

But Laurice wasn't having it. She was already pushing them out.

She closed the door behind her not before giving me a wink

"Roscyn."  She mouthed

And now i finally took that name in
It sounded like Raw skin.

"What is all of this." I eyed all the plastic bags infront of me

"Food. Don't want you eating the shitty food that taste like ass."

I laughed "How do you know?"

"I took a bite of your dinner last night.  It was nasty." He scrunched his face up in disgust.

"Then what do you have for me?" I asked as he started to remove the boxes from the bags.

"Well we have Pancakes with a side of maple syrup., Bacon and cheese toastie, I've got your coco puffs here. I'll go ask for milk if you want.  But i also got special K not too sure which one you'd like. Here we have pineapple juice and also Apple juice couldn't decide. Doctor said no caffeine so no caramel macchiato for you.",

I couldn't hide my smile.
He still remebered everything.

This man really just brought me all this food that i wasn't even going to finish

"Come here." I grabbed his hands pulling him closer.

"You're soft Spooky." I told him matter of factly

This was the same Spooky from back then. The same one that spoiled me even when i didn't ask him to.

"I've been told."  He shrugged.

"What would the others think if they saw you right now?" I questioned.

He shrugged once again.
"Lucky for you, i don't give a fuck what anyone thinks."

Luckily i had gotten the go ahead from the doctor to go home and he was working on the discharge paper.

And i was advised to take it slow for a few days 

But that also meant that i could see Bryson and that's all i wanted to do.

Oscar had left, having to take care of some stuffs.

So i was left alone with Laurice.

I slowly opened the door to his room and cringed when i saw him. He had all sorts of tube sticking into his body. His bodh was pale.

He looked dead the only indication that he was still alive was the heart monitor

"I'll give you some privacy."  Laurice gave me a light squeeze and then walked on.

I sat in the chair beside his hospital bed and took him in.

I wanted to cry but i knew i had to be strong.

"Oh Bryson. I always said you'd end up shot and in the hospital.." i started

But i stopped myself chuckling.

This wasn't exactly the right thing to say.

"I miss you. I really want you to wake up Bry. I don't think i can do this shit without you.." i sobbed.

I was about to speak when the door opened.

I looked up and my  breathe got caught in my throat.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" If eyes could kill i wanted said person dead 

"What I can't come see my son?"