73

"What are you doing here?"  I asked when Keisha walked into my house

Without knocking and unannounced. At this point I was about to put an Open sign infront of it so that people can just walk in like it was a public place or something.

"Benji. Have you seen him?" She questioned, worry on her face.

One thing I knew about Keisha was that she was a hardcore stone faced woman. She was a professional, a hitman if you ask me. So seeing all this emotion on her face is new to me. That only confirmed that she cared deeply about Benji. And he deserves someone like that in his life.

"Last time, I checked he was suppose to be at the Safe House with Pablo."  I frowned. Thats what I told them they should be doing.

"Called Pablo he hasn't heard from him. I even went there and there was no one. The lights were off and the room empty." She paced the living room.

"Did  we find him?" Pablo barged right in.

The urgency in his voice made me sit up straighter.  Benji was not one to pull off shit like this unless something happened.

"Have you called the other homies maybe they know what's up." I asked Pablo who nodded and got on the phone to start calling.

My eyes went to Keisha who just stood there staring at the wall  frowning.

"Hey we gonna find him okay."  I walked over placing my  hand on her shoulder to somehow comfort her.

Where was Robyn when you needed her, she knew how to deal with these things.

Her phone rang grabbing her attention. And she excused herself going to the kitchen.

I decided to take out my own phone and start asking around. Benji never liked anyone else. If we didn't know where he was then no one else would because if he wasn't with me, he was either with Keisha or Pablo. But we were all here and there was no Benji.

I was about to dial a number when a text message came in.

I frowned at the unknown number and the address.

"I got an address." I announced loudly and everyone came into the room. 

"What is it?",  Keisha asked taking the phone away from me.

I frowned in annoyance.

"I know where that is. It's an abandoned warehouse down by the docks." 
She frowned to herself.

Does this have something to do with Benji?
"I think we should go just incase it has something to do with him." Pablo read my mind.

"What if it's a trap?"  I asked unsure. I had a lot of enemies right now, all waiting for the perfect opportunity to kill me.

"We won't know until we get there." Keisha said and Pablo nodded 

We all got int my car and we drove to the location. 

Everything was quiet, too quiet for my liking. But Keisha didn't even wait before storming inside the warehouse.

We quickly followed behind.

My steps stopped once I saw him.

Benji was sat there tied up blood all over him. He wasn't moving, his head hung low.

My instincts kicked in and I rushed over to him.

Keisha was crying. Pablo was crying. I couldn't cry. I had to be strong. He wouldn't want to see me cry. He'd call me a straight pussy for it.

"We need to call an ambulance."  Pablo said his voice in a panic. 

There was a loud ringing sound in my ears. I just saw their mouths moving but my eyes was glued to Benji's body

Was he dead?

I looked at the blood.
He's been shot.

Who would do it?
Whoever did, was going to pay.  He was family, one of the very few I had left and I might lose him tonight.

"We're taking him to Laurice's house Oscar lets go. I can still feel a pulse."  It finally registered to me what Keisha said.

I just slowly nodded helping Pablo lift  Benji up after we untied him.

My hands were shaky but I still grabbed the steering wheel speeding to Robyn's house.

"Are you sure Laurice can save him?"  Pablo asked in tears.

My heart was racing.
Was I really going to lose him like this?

A 25 minute trip was done in 10. Keisha got out of the car and we followed behind her carefully balancing Benji.

"Laurice."  Keisha called out when she barged through the door.

There sat in the living room was Laurice, Gio and Bryson.

They all looked on with wide eyes when we walked in with an unconscious Benji.

"What the fuck." Bryson exclaimed but quickly spun into action walking over to the dining table and pushing everything off.

"Put him here." He instructed and we did just that.

Laurice approached us with a brief case in her hand.

"What the fuck happened?"  She questioned already disinfecting her hands.

"It looks like someone kidnapped him and shot him.. they were leaving him to die." Pablo sniffed.

I didn't speak my eyes glued on Benji's lifeless one.

"Lucky for him he still has a pulse. Scissors." It was like watching a doctor at work. She was handed the scissors and she proceeded to cut Benji's shirt off.

I winced at the bullet wounds. Someone really fucked with him like that.

Once I knew he was okay. I was going to kill whoever did it

"Whoever Shot him, didn't want to kill him. They missed the vital arteries and organs. Whoever did it was a pro, they knew exactly where to shoot him.,"  Laurice examined the wounds

That should bring me some sort of relief but at this point whoever did it might as well hope that he died because when Benji tells me who did it I was out for blood.

"There's no bullet inside which is good. So we just have to patch him up. Which means there's going to be a lot of blood. So if you can't stand the sight of it please leave. Keisha help me attach him to an IV. We'll have to sedate him just incase he regains consciousness."  Laurice spoke.

She knew her stuff but I wasn't one to mess around with  blood. So I went to the backyard and Pablo took a seat next to me.

"We're gonna find whoever did this and we're going to kill them." Pablo muttered and I agreed.

No one was going to harm a Santo and expect no harm to come to them. Whoever did it, messed with the wrong group of people.