121

I glanced at the clock to see that it was almost three in the morning and I still couldn't get any sleep

I glanced at the clock to see that it was almost three in the morning and I still couldn't get any sleep. My mind was running wild,admiring Naomi and then thinking about everything.

With one feet following the other I got out of bed, I took one good look at her, as she slept soundly and took my phone and cardigan silently leaving the room.

This was the hospital, one of the most safest place I could think of right now,so I didn't give a second thought about leaving her for a minute,mainly because my mind was occupied with other things.

I walked pass the reception area to where I could find a vending machine. I needed to eat in order to overthink clearly. I couldn't overthink on an empty stomach, but I knew that I just wanted to eat in hopes of chewing my troubles away.

I turned a corner and accidentally bumped into a figure.

"God I'm sorry." I apologised looking up at the person I bumped into and realised it was a man, not any man but one in scrubs. A doctor.

He looked down at me smiling and then his eyes narrowed.
"I'm pretty sure this isn't where new mums should be at this hour." He joked.

"Urh, I'm a new mum that can't get any sleep and I'm thirsty so this is exactly where I'm suppose to be." I responded with a smile of my own.

"Then please don't let me stop you." He motioned to the vending machine behind him and stepped out of my way.

I walked pass him to the vending machine,I looked at the coin slot and groaned in realisation that I had no money on me.

"You know these things usually work when you have money." I didn't mean to but I glared at the voice knowing it was the Doctor. My eyes went to his badge for his name

Dr Evan Russo.

I pursed my lips when a few coins were put in the machine and I felt his presence step back a little bit.

"You really didn't have to do that. I could've gone back to my room."

"It's fine. It's my duty as a doctor to take care of my patients." He shrugged leaning on the wall next to the machine.

Was he going to go away?

I couldn't help but take a good look at him. He was an attractive guy,with his dirty blonde hair in a fancy do and his piercing blue eyes. I would be lying if I said he wasn't good looking.

"Well thank you Dr Russo." I sent him a small grateful smile before pressing the button to what I actually wanted. But I still felt weird about all of this, I hated when people did things for me, I much prefer it being the other way around.

"Please call me Evan. You're Dr Stanley's patient aren't you. The one with all the...company." I knew exactly what he meant. Anyone with eyes could tell and come up with their own summary of my involvement in gang related activities with the amount of people with gang related bandanas,tattoos and attire that walked in and out of my room.

"Yeah...you could say that." I bent down taking my can of Pepsi properly facing Evan.

"Well thank you for this, it was nice to meet you but I have a newborn to look after." He stood up straight joining me in my steps, I sent a wary look his way but didn't question him. He was the one that just paid for my drink that I no longer wanted.

"Room 115." I was finding this extremely strange but yet here this man,going out of his way to walk me to my room.

"Have you been stalking me?" I questioned

He only laughed
"Like I said, you're kinda the talk of the hospital."

Oh great.

"Welll Urh thanks for the Pepsi. See you around?" It came out more like a question, this whole encounter was way too weird for me.

I didn't wait for him to say anything else before I quickly got into the room slamming the door shut. With my back against it,I closed my eyes taking a deep breath.

"I don't think Spooky will like that very much." I jumped at the voice and opened my eyes to see the one person I didn't want to see sitting in my room.

My eyes went down to what she was holding and my heart dropped six foot underground to see Naomi in her hand.

I stood there frozen a cold sweat running down my back and I could practically hear my heart beating loudly in my ears.

"Don't look so surprise to see me Chicita." I kept my face blank trying to keep my cool. My eyes still focused on Naomi who was asleep in her arms.

"She's beautiful. Always knew you and Spooky would make beautiful kids." She sent me a smirk looking down at her. I felt my skin crawl as she caressed Naomi's cheeks.

"Don't touch her." I managed to say my eyes glaring at the woman that's caused all the people I love pain.

"Oh don't be like that. You should thank me you know Chica. I'm the reason she's here. If I wanted to I could've killed you both when you were still carrying her." Goosebumps could be felt on my arms as I looked at her.

She was right, I knew she could've done something whilst I was still pregnant. But she didn't.

"But I wanted you to witness experience the joy of motherhood. It's an amazing thing isn't it."

I was clutching on to the Can in my hand so hard that I was surprise it didn't explode. I instantly regret living the room because now here she is holding my daughter, the one thing she can completely ruin both Oscar and I with.

"What are you doing here Cuchillos?" I questioned trying to relax my tense shoulders.

"I came here to say Congratulations, is that a crime?"

Yes

"Cut the bullshit Cuchillos. I'm not dumb. Why the fuck are you here?" I said with a little bit more confident. I couldn't show my fear even if it was very apparent that I was scared.

She stood up, Naomi still in hand and my feet stepped forward as I eyed her every move as she walked over to Naomi's crib. She gently laid her down before turning to me.

"We need to talk little Robyn."