119

I sighed tossing and turning once again from the lack of sleep

I sighed tossing and turning once again from the lack of sleep. It's been three days since I've officially given birth and I was still at the hospital. I wanted to get out of here but a part of me didn't want to. If I did leave then the whole world would know that I have a daughter . It's every mother's dream to show their baby off and I wanted to do that but my situation was way more complicated. There are people that would kill to hurt us in any way possible. And until Cuchillos is dealt with I will never feel safe.

Naomi.

My heart skips a beat whenever I think about her and lay eyes on her. I never understood a mother's love until now. And seeing Oscar interact with her made this whole experience so much more better.

Only 3 days old and she had him and her uncles wrapped around her tiny fingers.

I jumped slightly when the door open And Maria's head peaked in and smiled once she saw me awake. She's been more than a midwife to me throughout this entire process.

"Shouldn't you be asleep?." She questioned walking into the room. I haven't seen her since the day of my delivery and it was nice to finally have a conversation with her.

"Can't. Nice to finally see you." I sat up straight turning my attention to her. Both of our eyes landed on Naomi who was sleeping soundly next to me.

"How is motherhood treating you?" She asked taking a seat. I shrugged in response.

"It's amazing, weird but It's crazy how much one tiny human can really change your life."

She laughed "It is like that sometimes. Being a mother is one of the best gift but no one really truly gets the hang of it..but you will. You have a husband that cares and your family here to help you." She said softly and I smiled.

"So what did you decide to name her?" I didn't miss the scowl on her face before she changed the topic.

"Well, when Oscar and I were teenagers we did talk about our future and we always talked about naming our future daughter Naomi. So that's her Name, Naomi Arabella Rosa Diaz."

"Rosa?" She asked an unreadable expression on her face.

"Yeah, to honour Oscar's mum. She might not be in his life but we decided to at least remember her in that way." I shrugged my mind going to Oscar's mum. Everybody talked about deadbeat dads but not about deadbeat mums,and unfortunately Oscar and Cesar has both. Being around Oscar while we were together I never once seen or heard of her, Oscar refused to talk about her and the only thing I've seen of her was a picture that was years old. I never knew what really happened to her but I knew it had to do with substance abuse and that just one day she dipped and left.

My eyes narrowed at Maria's silence her eyes staring at the white walls infront of her and she looked like she was in deep thought.

"Maria?" I called out and she snapped out of whatever trance she was in before blinking and looking at me.

"Urh..Sorry. That's such a beautiful name. And how thoughtful it is of you to name her after her grandmother." She chuckled nervously.

"It wasn't me. It was all Oscar. It was a last minute thing." A last minute thing that I agreed with. I really hope that maybe he will finally open up to me about his mother but I don't see that happening.

"Urh...I have to go." She stood up abruptly almost knocking over the chair and my eyes widened at her sudden actions.

"Are you okay?" I asked now concerned. I could see the sudden change in her mood and I don't know what could've caused it.

She was always such a bubbly,cheery and happy person and to see her like this, even if I didn't really know her was strange for me.

"Urh... I-I am. It's so nice to see you. I have to go." She blinked and in seconds she was out of the room.

I stared after her in shock. But I didn't have time to to think about it even more when I heard cooing coming from the crib and a smile replaced my frowning features.

She was awake.