seventeen

17. Let The Right One In

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust out the door and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night" Damon said, hammering a wooden plank on to the broken window.

After the attack last night, Aria had stayed over at the Salvatore's house, her and Damon had stayed up most of the night catching up with each other, both of them ended up sleeping on the couch, they woke up when Elena had barged into the house after hearing about the attack, wanting to check on both Aria and Stefan.

"Yeah? And then what, turn to the rest of their house of vampires and say, opps, sorry?" Stefan asked sarcastically.

Damon shrugged.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her" Elena told Damon.

"It's more like a helpful exchange of information" Damon said, "It's not like I got a choice, she's scary".

"She stuck her fingers into Damon's eyeballs" Aria said, sipping her coffee, amusement could be heard clearly in her voice, when Damon had told her about Peral doing that, Aria had laughed for solid five minutes, much to Damon's annoyance.

"Don't you dare start again Ria" Damon said, "Besides, she's gonna help me get my revenge from Katherine".

Elena scoffed, "Of course she is, Damon gets what he wants, as usual, no matter who he hurts in the process".

"You don't have to be snarky about it" Damon said.

Elena glared at Damon, "I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb, I've earned snarky".

"Elena, you're acting like Damon released them" Aria said.

"No but his the one who opened the tomb in the first place" Elena reminded.

"And you helped" Aria retorted, "Don't forget that Elena, if you're going to blame Damon, you're going to have to blame yourself as well, oh and me and Stefan, cause we all helped open that damn tomb, this is on all of us".

"Exactly" Damon said, sitting next to Aria, "And we both know, you're not angry with me because of the tomb vampires, tell me, how long are you gonna blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?".

"I'm not blaming you Damon" Elena said, "I've accepted the fact you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities".

"Ouch" Damon said sarcastically, not really caring about what Elena thought about him.

"This isn't being productive" Stefan said, interrupting Elena and Damon, "We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires, yeah?".

Damon didn't say anything, just walked out of the living room.

After Damon left, Elena turned to Stefan, "I'm sorry, he just makes me so cranky".

Stefan hugged Elena, "I know, he makes everybody cranky".

"I agree" Aria joked.

"So, what are we gonna do?" Elena asked Stefan.

"Damon and I are gonna handle everything" Stefan replied,