Chapter 98: *Filler* Days with the Straw Hats: Nami

I do not own One Piece

Someone mentioned wanting some more Nami and Robin, so here's a whole chapter with Nami. I'll fit in more time with Robin in future chapters!

...............................................................................

I remember being taught how to properly read a map by Mamoru. He didn't teach me a lot of things, in terms of regular schooling. He wasn't the best with science, so anything related with that I didn't get much education on. His history was really just old stories of his travels with the Pirate King, which were actually quite informative as he learned actual history during his travels. The one 'subject' he insisted on me learning was how to draw and read maps and all the geography involved in it. The old geezer had thought it I learned how to read a map I would be able to get from point A to point B without getting lost.

Clearly that did not work.

However, I could read maps. It just transferred a different way to my mind. It helped me visualize the entire island in a 360 degree type of way. It made drawing an island that could actually compare to the real thing, which a decent description of course, possible.

Not what he wanted, but it worked out well for me in the end.

So when I stumbled upon Nami's map collection, hand drawn by her, very skillfully might I add. I couldn't stop myself from taking a peak.

Clearly I didn't stumble upon her maps. Zoro had made a comment the other day that Nami was drawing a map from the previous island we were on. This was only a couple of days after I had caught Nami looking through my sketchbook, so I felt obligated to look through her art as well. I also can't quite describe my current predicament as a simple peak either. All around me are the different maps which Nami has drawn, though I was sure to handle them with the same amount of care as I treat my own art pictures.

As the door to the room opened I felt a smirk forming on my face as Nami looked around the room with widened eyes. "What the hell are you doing Katsu?!"

Turning around to look at her, I tilted my head and smiled. "Ah, you really are good at making maps."

Her hands balled into fists and without any hesitation she yelled again, "I'm doubling your debt!"

I frowned, "How much do I owe you now?"

"30 Million Beli." She answered immediately.

"Wait-" I held up my hand and tried counting on it before sighing. Mamoru really didn't teach me much on this either. "I thought I only owed you one million?"

"Interest." She shrugged.

"Ah, well I'm actually loaded now, so I can pay you back. However you'll need to wait until I can get ahold of Arisu." I looked back down at the map.

"You're loaded?! How- Wait, why Arisu?" Nami began to pick up the maps which I had carefully scattered around as I organized how I wanted to draw them later on, given Nami gave me details of the island and she agreed to let me draw them.

"Yeah, I literally have sold artwork to big museums under a big art name. They pay big time, especially for the student of the world's best artist." I rolled my eyes, moving the map out of her reach as she tried to take the one in my hand. "Arisu holds most of my money. She said I don't know how to properly spend it."

Nami paused, a smirk forming on her face as she looked back up at me. "Did she see you spend a lot of money buying oranges?" I nodded making the navigator giggle. "That was a good call on her end."