Chapter 102: Consequence

I do not own One Piece

................................................
3RD POV
...............................................

     She didn't like the feeling that kept creeping inside her every time she made eye contact with a crew member. Just one glance from them caused her whole body to burn and her ability to look them in the eyes was lost. A bottomless pit grew in her stomach that left her feeling uncomfortable. Every time one of the crew mates would turn to look at her the feeling would creep back up in her and all Katsu could imagine was her forcing Omasu to bite down on the vile of poison, followed by the looks of shock she had received shortly after.

  Nobody has scolded her for her actions, not even Nami.

Dinner was oddly quiet. Franky was absent, busy building a cellar for the poisoned doctor. Chopper was also absent, busy tending to the poisoned doctor. Luffy, though eating as normal, was silent as well as he stared blankly at Katsu.

Katsu had yet to look up and meet Luffy's gaze as he burned a hole in her face. She couldn't find it in her to face her Captain, who was far too silent.

Sanji had placed her plate down moments ago. However, Katsu had yet to pick up any silverware. He had requested her to enjoy the food, which she had noticed contained orange flavors. Yet she was unable to and felt more guilt not enjoying the food.

"Katsu." Everyone paused as Luffy's voice broke the silence.

Her tongue felt too large for her mouth as she looked up and forced herself to look at her Captain. No expression covered his face.

"It was wrong to poison the doctor."

Immediately cries of protest filled the table. However, Zoro held up a hand to silence the crew as they attempted to defend Katsu.

"You can't go near him anymore." Luffy continued, "You know we need him, so by doing what you did it went against my orders."

Katsu nodded and bit down on the inside of her cheek. The last thing she had wanted to do was upset her Captain. "I understand." She managed to force out, her eyes falling down to her hands for a moment. Standing up from her chair she walked to stand in front of Luffy before falling down to her knees. She didn't dare raise her head to look up at her Captain, her eyes closing as she waited her fate. Her body protested in pain only for a moment before it numbed once more. "I'll take whatever the consequence is."

"Oi! Luffy!" Sanji yelled but was once again silenced by Zoro as he rose his hand. The Chef glared at Zoro, his leg raising as he readied himself to start a fight.

Luffy looked down at Katsu. "Katsu, your punishment is to eat all your food." Luffy started, making Katsu freeze and her eyes snap open. The fight that was about to break out between the swordsman and chef stopped as Luffy continued. "You have to get eight hours of sleep. You have to make sure you heal properly. Chopper said your mind and your body, so make sure to rest your brain too. And you have to draw all of us on our adventures."

Katsu found herself looking up at her Captain, who now had a grin covering his face as he looked down at her. Her bottom lip quivered as she nodded. "Yes, Captain."

Luffy stood up, offering his hand to help Katsu back to her feet. He then slammed his hands on her shoulders. "Get better."

The tension in the room lifted. The other crew mates releasing a breath as their artist was spared a harsh punishment and soon to be on the road to recovery. After all, they know she can't resist Captain's orders.

....................................................

The meals that had been placed in front of Katsu were mostly eaten by her. However, the few bits that she just couldn't get down would quickly disappear by the rubber arm that liked to snatch food off of plates. It helped ensure that all of her food was eaten and her punishment was fulfilled.