Chapter 126: Sibling Reunion

I do not own One Piece.

............................................................................

It didn't take long for Franky to cut the live feed. He could hear the mass outrage storming over the kingdom. Which meant the transmission had done its job well.

He sniffled, reaching up to wipe the snot off of his face. The words from Katsu still remained with him, and he hoped more than anything she was okay. She still needed to paint the newest robot he had made.

Putting down the snail, Franky double checked his cola supply before standing up. He looked over the guards for a moment, a frown pulling at his lips. He didn't see the one that Robin and Nami had warned him of.

"Franky, right?"

"Eh?" He turned around and blinked at the sight of Pollux.

The blind man had gotten his hands on a sword, how or why was not something Franky had knowledge of. The man was blind, swinging a sword seemed dangerous, especially around all the children in the area. As for how the man had gotten the sword, Franky was sure he had stolen it. However, as long as Zoro still had his three swords, then that was none of Franky's business.

"You get the kids out." Pollux instructed. "They might all have some tracking tag on them, likely on their wrists, so be sure to check that out. From what I've understood, you would be the person to disable any tracking."

"Once you get the kids, bring them down to the first levels. I'll be the only to go inside." Pollux continued. "That way, when the guards come I have full responsibility. No need to drag you pirates any deeper into the King's decisions."

Franky frowned, "I don't know. I can handle my own you know-"

"I never said you couldn't, pirate." Pollux explained, "If I didn't think you were strong enough I wouldn't have given you guys any information. However, as of now you're really only here to make sure those kids make it home safely. I have matters to attend to with the royal guards."

The cyborg was silent for a moment. He wanted to help the beggar, but the man apparently had a score to settle. A score that Franky wouldn't stand in front of.

"Fine by me." Franky shrugged, reaching his arm out to begin loading his attack. "I'm really only concerned about my nakama."

Pollux smiled and awaited the fire from the pirate. He wondered how his sister would have reacted to the idea of pirates being the Royal family's down-fall. Specifically, pirates with kind hearts. 

He supposed he would have to ask her one day.

.....................................................................

Clicking of heels sounded down the empty hall. The hallway in the palace was silent. No guards remained, nor any servants. All that filled the hallways were the marble tiles, and the occasional framed artwork.

The only remainder inside the hallway was the Kingdom's Princess. Even her guard had been released from her presence to aid in the battle with the pirates.

Reaching into the pocket of her silk toga, she pulled out a single hair tie. With it on her wrist, she reached back and pulled her hair up into a ponytail. Then, she slid off the silver crown on her head. It dropped to the ground with a clatter that echoed louder than her heels. 

The next movement she made was unwrapping the silver sash draped around her. With a fluid motion the silk slid to the ground to lay in a heap.

She had no need for silver anymore.