Chapter 72: Taking Out the Weak Links

I do not own one piece

..........................................

The best part about my Captain training was that he learned Conquerors Haki. That gave him the ability to knock out half of the Fish Men Pirates with simply his presence. An ability that is definitely appreciated, as it has knocked down our work load to about 4,000 people we each need to take down. While most of the crew was happy about this, the two monsters, Zoro and Sanji, were complaining to Luffy.

It makes me want to sit back and let them take care of the rest.

"Come on, Luffy, 50,000? You have to share." Zoro complained, taking off the top half of his robe and tying on his bandana. I blinked for a second before leaning in a little to get a better look at the details of his muscles.

I am the artist of the crew, so I do need to really see what I'm drawing.

"Oh," Luffy glanced back at us, "Sorry."

"I'm taking 30,000, Marimo." Sanji answered, kicking a fishman already on the ground.

"Shut up, nosebleed." Zoro continued flatly, glancing over. His paused, his eyes landing on me and a flush covered his face. "Oi! Woman! Stop that!"

I frowned, backing up a little. "What?! I figured I had some consent to look since you took it out! I'm not gonna touch, or catcall! Not unless you ask. Besides, I need those detail to make sure I draw you right. Don't you want an awesome pose?"

Though he had flushed at my touching comment, it was quickly thought over once I mentioned the pose. Nami had told me about their time they almost became a statue. I was glad to see he still wanted a good pose. "Fine, but you aren't allowed to pick a stupid pose, and draw me perfect!"

I grinned and nodded, "No problem there. I trained with the best artist around for a reason!"

"Katsu-chan can touch me anytime!" Sanji sang, bringing a smirk to my face.

"She wasn't talking to you, Shitty Cook!" Zoro growled, sparking a glaring and insult war between the two.

Rolling my eyes I looked back towards the remaining fishman. It was common knowledge that fishmen can breath underwater and that the naturally have more strength than humans. A good amount have sharp teeth as well, which is more concerning for me. Their strength isn't something I'm completely worried about, since I'm surprisingly on par with my strength.

That was some special training Sato had included for me. He claimed strength came naturally for us. To be clear, he was proven correct.

I glanced at Zoro and Sanji for a moment, the two no longer making stupid comments. Those two were going to end up taking most of the pirates. While I couldn't complain, I did happen to feel a pinch of annoyance.

These are the assholes responsible for me missing my nap. I'll be damned if they don't pay for it.

Which really means I should step in now.

"I'ma fuck shit up!" I bellowed before charging into the crowd of fishmen. I'm assuming my declaration startled them as they took a step back at first as I charged at them. Then they seemed to realize I was a tiny female compared to them and they grinned and ran back at me.

"Oi! Don't take all of them!" Zoro growled from behind me, having started running after me.

I snapped a fan shut, twisting my body as a swordsman swung his sword as me. An obnoxious smirk was on his fishy face.

"Oh, is the little pirate going to dance around us?" He mocked.

My arm blackened and I smiled. "I wouldn't bother dancing around you." Shoving my arm forward like a snake striking, I jabbed his abdomen with my steel fan. As he doubled over, blood dripping from his chin, I grinned and knelt down. "Dear, you're not worth a dance."

Punching him down I jumped as two fishmen tried to skewer me. Flicking open the fan, I spun as I went downward sending sharp strong winds to throw them away.

Snapping it closed I blackened my weapon before slapping another fishman across the face with it. Upon impact he went flying, a few teeth being left behind.

As I proceeded to block and dodge their attacks, I glanced back at my crew. Zoro and Brook were in the middle of their finishing poses, which I imprinted in my memory. Sanji was in the air, his leg on fire, another thing I wanted to draw. And Robin had summoned giant legs.

All together the image itself was wild.

"Ah, I'm gonna have fun later!" I practically giggled, jamming my fan into another fishman's stomach.

Looking at all the fishmen that stood in front of me, I slicked my fan open. One fan appeared to be enough.

"Do fishmen like to fly?" I pondered, a grin forming as they looked at me in confusion. "Let's try!"

Using all of my strength to help push a strong wind, I directed the fan from the ground into the air. My grin widened as the fishmen shot up into the air, flying well over twenty feet in the air. The air ruffled my bangs and a few strands of escaped hair.

"Ah," I feigned ignorance as I heard their cries of fear. "I guess fishmen don't like flying. Let me help."

With just as much strength as before, I focused on sending a gust downward. Their cries became panicked before silencing. Upon impact with the ground, their bodies sunk in a foot and they were easily knocked out.

"Don't feel bad, not everyone is equip for flying." I shrugged, side stepping another fishman that tried to take revenge.

"Your strength isn't normal for a pathetic human!"

I jammed the fan into his ribs, my eyes narrowed in annoyance. "No shit! I didn't train just to get abs, dumb ass!"

I glanced up as Luffy advanced towards Hody. Multiple pirates advancing towards my Captain as well.

"Kill him!"

"Straw Hat!"

While Zoro and Sanji stopped a closer fishman, I quickly formed an air barrier between Luffy and another fishman. A smirk grew on m face when he looked at me in surprise.

"Like we would let you even touch our Captain." Releasing the air barrier, I slid my fingers along my opened fan. The blades slid out and with a simple haki infused slice, I cut the pirate. His eyes widened as blood stained the air before he collapsed.

I looked down at him, sliding my fingers down, the blades going down. Then I snapped my fan shut, looking up to ponder for a moment.

Already half of the pirates were down. It appears this fight might be done quicker.

"Have they suffered enough for interrupting my nap?" I muttered.

........................................................

End of Chapter 72!

So I'm not the best with fight scenes, which is why I do try to avoid them if I can... However, I do hope this shows Katsu's growth. I at least feel like she has grown since the beginning. The next chapter or two will be Katsu's own little fight, which I really hope I did justice on.

Please do forgive me if it isn't the best, fight scenes are a weakness for me...

On another note, I may have found what confused me so bad on the blood types. In another notebook I had actually written down a different blood type for Katsu than the one posted. With that I was just thinking, Oh, her and Luffy are the same 🤦‍♀️.... In the end it ended up working out at least and now Katsu gets a big fight!

This is not edited.