Chapter 41: From Spade...

I don't own One Piece
........................................
  3 Years Ago   
......................................

I frowned, my arms crossing at the tall male in front of me. My eyes narrowed as he glared at me. There was no way I was backing down.

"No." Mamoru deadpanned, leaving no room for argument.

"Come on!" I pushed, "I don't miss my shots anymore! And I managed to land a hit on you yesterday! I'm way stronger!"

"I said no, brat!" He shook his head as he adjusted his jacket. "You can't do patrols."

My glare hardened as it became breezy in the bar. "I can!"

"You're fourteen, Katsu-"

"Almost Fifteen, old man! I'll prove you wrong! Fight me!" I glared, my hand clenching.

"Still no. I'll beat you later." Mamoru rolled his eye before walking out the bar. "Keep an eye on the bar, and don't go into the kitchen. You gotta earn your keep somehow."

I rolled my eyes with a growl and huffed. Looking down I straightened out the overly large shirt on me, making sure to cover my shoulders as the sleeve kept slipping down. Then I crossed my arms and frowned. "That's some bullshit."

Snickering drew my attention to another pirate. He wasn't too much older than I was, probably seventeen or eighteen. A orange cowboy hat sat on his head though some raven wisps of hair were ruffled around his face and his cheeks were speckled with freckles. Strangely enough he wore a yellow button up shirt, but he purposely kept it unbuttoned and showed his chest on purpose. I don't know why anyone would wear such things like that. I certainly didn't want to be showing any skin.

"What are you laughing at, Freckles?" I bit out, scowling at the male.

He smirked at me, his snickering dying down. "You kinda remind me of my little brother."

My scowl dropped and I calmed a little, nodding my head. "Ah, he must be smart then."

The pirate snorted. "Nah, he's an idiot."

I blinked, then scowled once more. Did he just indirectly call me an idiot? "Double charge." I muttered, writing up his bill.

"Huh?" He squinted at me. Then his head slammed into the plate in front of him.

I paused, staring at the pirate in confusion. "Did he just die?"

...................................

Mamoru will be angry, yet I don't care. The bar was becoming stuffy. Besides that, the weird pirate fell asleep randomly two times. Each time after he tried to continue the conversation.

I rested my head on my hands, my elbows resting on my thighs. Recently I had found this cliff which overlooked the docks. On multiple occasions I would come here to just draw the different ships as the pirates docked. It was intriguing to see that no two ships were alike in their designs.

However, today I did not want to draw. My anger from earlier was still present. This had not been the first time Mamoru and I had this particular argument. Though for whatever reason, it really bothered me today.

"How can he not trust me?" I growled, the wind picking up around me. "I can fight. Idiot." The wind blew harder, knotting up my hair.

"Strong winds today." I snapped my attention to the voice. My eyes instantly rolled at the male. "Can I sit here?"

"You gonna fall asleep again?" I rolled my eyes once more.

He chuckled, plopping down beside me. "I'm Ace," He grinned, "You remind me of this lady I met before."