Chapter 16: A Talking Skeleton isn't even Weird Anymore

I don't own One Piece

..........................

Sometimes I wonder. If I had know that joining this crew was going to into such strange encounters, would I have joined? There's no doubt that almost every other crew I was offered to join never encountered a talking skeleton. Hell, they probably- no definitely didn't come in contact with a three headed dog. If by chance they did come in contact with one, I'm positive the captain didn't try to tame the beast.  Then again, all those other captains were boring and predictable. I needed a little instability in my life, sorta, and Luffy kept me on my toes.

After the ship got trapped in a spider web, we had been forced to go on the island. Of course Luffy, Franky, Robin and I had all planned to go. However now we decided it was best the whole crew go, as three were currently missing.

Luffy still had his net and cage. That lead me to believe that my captain still had his hopes on catching a ghost and keeping it for a pet.

As soon as we ventured off, I had placed myself towards the front of the group beside Franky. I knew of my directional problems, and if I was placed towards the back I would easily take a wrong turn and end up lost.

"That's strange for the entrance to have stairs going down." Sanji muttered.

"This is the entrance, so there's no point in thinking about it." Luffy shrugged.

My eyes traveled down to the ground, settling on my feet. They had lost feeling again. Though I knew I was wiggling my toes, I couldn't feel a thing. I would need to focus my attention more on the ground right now, since I didn't want to accidentally injure myself and not know.

My nose wrinkled in distaste as I realized the ground, beyond the stairs, was littered with bones. Franky, who also had a habit of being bare foot, didn't seem to mind the bones. Or maybe he just didn't notice them.

As Franky fell behind, making me believe the bones were slowing him down, I found myself next to Luffy, who had taken the lead. His net was resting over his shoulder.

"Oh, the ground is covered in bones!" He announced, both of us coming to a stop at the creature in front of us. Had he really just noticed the bones?

The creature appeared the be a three headed dog, though I knew it wasn't born that way. The three heads were sowed onto the body. The head in the middle was yellow and only possessed one eye. It appeared to be the main leader in the three heads.

Rather than cower at the three headed growling dog, Luffy grinned and licked his lips. Apparently Luffy was thinking of eating the beast.

"Hmm. Cerberus, huh?" Sanji muttered behind me. "He would have been safer in hell."

"My, how cute!" Robin added.

"Hey, isn't he lookin' for a fight?" Franky piped in.

"He doesn't even know his place." Zoro scoffed.

"Think he's yummy?" Luffy asked, a grin on his face.

I couldn't help but smirk. "I wouldn't mind a closer look. I don't get to draw a real Cerberus everyday."

Appearing to understand us, the growling stopped. The Cerberus's tail's slowly lowered as sweat tinkled down its faces.

Luffy snickered in excitement then yelled, "Woof!" Rather than stop, he continued to bark at the Cerberus, scaring the poor creature.

"Luffy, that's not very nice." I nudged his shoulder, stopping his barking. Now, the Cerberus was growling once more. "Look, he's annoyed again." I sighed.