Chapter 120: The Coming of Age Ceremony

I do not own One Piece

Trigger Warning!
Family Abuse, Mental Abuse, Starvation, Physical Abuse

3RD POV
..................................................

Her stomach was in knots and all she could think of was vomiting the breakfast she had just eaten. It was taking all her willpower to keep the food down. Katsu wondered why the experiments couldn't stop a stomach ache considering everything else it had altered.

"Those scare are unsightly." Tatsu tsked as she looked over the golden breastplate Katsu was dressed in. It had been rather unfortunate for Katsu that out of the people assigned to help her get dressed, Tatsu was the one to take up the job.

Perhaps that was why she felt like projectile vomiting everywhere.

"At the very least, this will cover them. Can't show everyone how hideous you are." She said, adjusting the outfit.

Her breastplate was gold, with lines fro the metal still showing. The ends of the metal were lined with a thick purple fabric. The skirt she wore, tucked under the breastplate, was a deep crimson red that was only a shade lighter than her hair color. If she wasn't busy trying to deal with the mental load of the family, she would have enjoyed the rich dyes that this country had to offer. To hair with her breastplate, she was given gold metal boots that strapped up to her ankles. The edges were also lined with purple.

"King Italus and I chose the color red." Tatsu stated, her attention set on smoothing out the skirt. "It would have been white, as traditions go for it to be stained red with the blood of your enemy. However, seeing as you aren't pure we found no need for it to be white. So we chose red, which you'll live up to the color of blood."

She double checked the bandage that was around my arm, ensuring it was tied tightly. "Wouldn't want anyone seeing that." She mused before also tapped the sea stone collar on Katsu's neck, as if she was making sure the lock was still secure. "This has to stay on as well. The Royal family has never been allowed to eat devil fruits, so we can't have anyone seeing you cheat your strength with such a thing."

Finally, Tatsu took a step back. Her cold eyes went over her. The pirate could see the distaste filling Tatsu's eyes upon looking over her.

"Such an ugly child." She shook her head. "I can't believe you came from this family. Let's just have hope you can produce offspring. Even if they happen to take in some of your ugliness, at least you'd produce a heir."

Katsu's eyes went to her hands, clasping them together. She didn't say anything in argument, instead she remained silent.

"Come along." Tatsu gave a hard push, almost making Katsu stumble forward.

She hated the metal boots that she as forced to wear. They were heavier than the other shoes that she had been forced to wear. It made her skin itch more, and she couldn't wait to tear them off of her.

"Princess Ayami is waiting." Tatsu stated as Katsu followed behind. "Haishi."

The bodyguard stood straighter. "Yes, Tatsu-sama."

"King Italus has ordered you to cut Princess Mitsu's hair, should she fail. There are others posted around the coliseum ready to take the two down as well." Tatsu answered, coming to stop as two large wooden doors came into view. Standing in front of the doors was Ayami.

Her clothes were different shades of purple, with the exception of the silver sash that was tied to the golden bracelets around her wrists.  The main togs draped around her was a lighter purple, the sleeves tied around her neck, shoulders, and sides of her arms were a dark royal purple. Her black hair was kept down, and the silver crown around her head. In her arms sat a purple sash.