Chapter 62: For Once We Didn't Do Anything

I don't own One Piece

...........................................................................

I wiggled in the rotating bar stool as a couple oranges sat in front of me. The murmuring of the customers filled the bar, as well as the clinging of beer mugs. The bar that Zoro and I sat at wasn't the cleanest, but it wasn't terrible. While it was still sticky it wasn't something that grossed me out as I lived in a bar for half of my life with Mamoru.

Sometimes it felt like no matter how many times I wiped the bar it was always sticky.

Peeling the orange I could imagine the strong citrus smell which I remember from my childhood, it used to be my favorite part of eating oranges. Popping in a natural slice I wiggled a little more as just barely I could make out the sweet tangy taste which tingled on my tongue. The oranges had been refrigerated so the orange was still cool as I ate it.

Sitting beside me was Zoro. Unlike me he just sat still, the sake wasn't good enough to make him wiggle around like me. When I began wiggling back and forth on the chair he had looked at me for a moment before continuing to sip his sake. He was currently on his fourth cup of sake and he had yet to show anything close to being tipsy.

I blinked, looking around us in confusion as realization dawned on me. "Eh?" Looking back at Zoro, I frowned in confusion. "Ah, Mr. Hottie, where'd Brook go?"

Zoro glanced down at me before looking around us to look for the skeleton before shrugging. "He must have gotten lost."

I shook my head sadly, popping another slice of cool orange in my mouth. After swallowing it I looked back at Zoro. "I need to get fabric."

"Huh?" The swordsman frowned down at me, "Why?"

"To sew." I stated simply, then grinned as an idea hit me. "Oh, do you have any old outfits you're done with?"

Zoro paused to think it over, then shrugged. "Probably, but they're all torn up."

I saved my hand dismissively, "Dosen't matter. I can make it into a new outfit." Standing up I grinned, "Wanna come with?"

He looked down at his sake, chugging the rest of the liquid before standing up. "So long as we stop by a weapons shop later."

I gave a nod and tugged on his arm as I pulled him along a slight bounce in my step. "Of course, my daggers could use some sharpening too."

This sparked a surprised look from the swordsman as he allowed himself to be dragged by me. "You don't know how to sharpen your weapons?"

Opening the door by simply blowing them open I flushed at the judge tone in his voice. By his tone it was clear that was a skill I should already know. However, while Yumi had shown me how to use daggers as I grew up, she had failed to teach me anything else with it such as sharpening.

Looking away with a slight pout on my lips I answered, "Clearly not, Mr. Hottie." Not liking being so flustered, I tensed my hand against his bicep and gave him a smirk. "Ne, those muscles really are hard."

He quickly yanked his arm out of my grip as his face flushed. "Stop that woman! Also, that's not my name." Then he sighed, closing his eye for a moment to calm down. With his face no longer as red, he looked back at me. "I can teach you how to sharpen your knives later."

Before I could answer, our path was blocked by two large guards. We stopped and looked up at them with blank looks.

"Are you Pirate Hunter Zoro and Crimson Hurricane Katsu?" One of the fishmen asked.

We looked at each other, each of us tensing before looking back at the guards. Zoro took a step closer as I nodded. "Ah, that's us. What do you want?"