Chapter 96: Rescue

I do not own One Piece

..............................................................

3RD POV

..............................................................

Once again the crew was back together, mostly. The amount of relief the straw hats were feeling as they were all together again was short lived as Zoro was the first to notice the lack of red hair in the room. A frown grew on his face as he looked around, expecting the female to run out and make some outrageous statement.

"Oi, Luffy." Zoro called out, crossing his arms as he looked up towards his Captain. "Where's Katsu?" The female's name brought a frown to Luffy's grinning face as if he had just remembered her. Zoro's eyes snapped over towards Law, who looked upset at the mention of the female as well.

"They've got her." Luffy answered, making the rest of the straw hats grow silent as they heard Luffy.

"Eh?" Zoro scowled, "She let herself get caught?" He didn't pay attention to the scowls sent towards him from Robin or Franky. Instead he let out a big sigh of annoyance, "I guess I'll just have to go find the damn woman."

Hearing Zoro's announcement sent some relief to Luffy. He had promised to keep her away from the doctor, and not only had he failed but he also needed to capture Caesar as well. With Zoro taking on that he was well assured that their artist would be safe soon, and they would also have the other doctor in their hands as well.

"Zoro." Robin added, "She won't be conscious. The doctor started to do experiments." Her eyebrows raised when he didn't respond to her and she felt annoyance growing. "Zoro-"

"All I hear is that I have someone to slice up and someone to carry." Zoro responded.

"If we could get Katsu back that may help us in the long run." Law answered, catching the attention of the Straw Hats. "She is able to manipulate the air, so she likely can stop the poisonous gas that is approaching."

Was Law openly going to admit to anyone else that he was actually concerned for the safety of Katsu? Absolutely not. Even if it would prove to piss off her crew mates.

"Eh?! That's all you're concerned about?!" Sanji growled, glaring up at the doctor. "Using her-"

"Yes. She would prove to be vital in this type of situation." Law answered, which technically wasn't a lie. It did actually put a push on getting everyone to help save the female as well, as his point was going to be proven. "It is likely she can get rid of the poisonous air that is going to kill all of us at this rate." Then he looked down at Zoro. "Also, we need that other doctor alive as well. So as much as you may want to kill him, refrain from doing so."

Hearing orders from someone who wasn't his Captain drew a scowl on Zoro's face and he used his pinky to clean out his ear. "Eh? What was that? I thought I heard a fake Captain trying to give orders to me?"

Law clenched his jaw in annoyance and let out a breath. He should have known working with Katsu's crew would just be problematic and difficult in the long run. His head turned to look at Luffy, who blinked at him. "Luffy."

"Oh." Luffy mumbled, a finger shoved in his nose as he looked over at Zoro. "You can kick his ass, Zoro. But I also wanna kick his ass, so don't kill him and bring him along alive."

Zoro sent a smirk towards Law, who rolled his eyes. "Sure thing, Captain."

"I'm gonna get Caesar then!" Luffy announced loudly.

Usopp looked towards Zoro as he began to run off as each crew member began to rush towards their own nonverbal assignment. "Zoro! You can't go alone!" He announced, running after Zoro as he barreled his way in search of their missing artist.