Chapter 14- Brook, the Skeleton Without a Shadow

I don't own One Piece

...........................................

Zoro had made the  decision to draw sticks on who goes with Luffy. As first I was supposed  to draw as well, until I made the valid reason that I had to go see the  ship up close, as the ships artist. Luffy immediately agreed with me,  saying he wanted to make sure I got all the details of the haunted ship.  With a condition from Zoro, I was allowed to go on the ship. Though, I  honestly doubt I can stop Luffy from doing something stupid, it's a  talent of his.

After drawing sticks it  was decided that Sanji and Nami would join Luffy and I. Nami was far  from thrilled, unlike the three of us. While Luffy and I were the first  to start climbing, Sanji following quickly after, Nami had yet to touch  the tattered rope on the haunted ship.

I looked down at Nami, a excited smile on my face. "Come on, Nami!"

Luffy looked down as well, "Yeah Nami! It would be a treasure ship! You like those!"

"This old ship won't  have any treasure!" She shouted angrily at Luffy, then turned to me. "I  will take my time! Not everyone is crazy like you, Katsu!"

I snorted and rolled my  eyes, when she started to climb I continued my way up. Sanji, who wasn't  far from Luffy and I, had hearts once again as eyes. "Don't worry,  Nami-swan! I'll protect you!"

Reaching the top, I  pulled my body over the edge of the ship. My toes curled against the  damp old rotten wood, not favoring the texture. Though, the details of  the ship went unnoticed as I saw a figure in front of us.

"What?" I muttered, hearing the others get on deck.

"Woah!" Luffy grinned, his eyes turning into stars.

The figure in front of us took a sip of tea, then stood up from his seated position. "Yohohohoho!" He laughed joyfully.

I blinked again, just to  be sure. When he didn't disappear I couldn't help but smirk. I had see a  few interesting things on my island, but never have I seen a skeleton  that is actually alive.

He removed his hat while bowing, "Hello, I'm Brook."

....................................

After a bit of talking  with the skeleton, Luffy invited him into our pirate crew. Even more  surprisingly than having Luffy invite a alive skeleton into our crew,  the skeleton actually agreed. Brook wasn't even fazed at Nami punching  him at his strange request to see our panties.

It was while we were  exiting the ghost ship that I paused. "Ne, Nami?" I got Nami's attention  as Brook and Luffy climbed down the rope. She looked at me, "Didn't  Zoro tell us not to let Luffy do anything stupid?"

She paled and nodded, "He did."

I let out a breath, "Oh,  good. Somehow we managed that. I honestly was worried, since Luffy does  whatever he wants-" I was quickly cut off as Nami decided to hit me  over my head.

"Idiot! He did do something stupid!" She shouted.

I blinked, "He did?"

She groaned in frustration, "Did you miss him inviting that afro skeleton into our crew?!"

To this knowledge, I  pulled my eyebrows together in confusion. Nami, having it be her turn  now, went down the rope, eager to get back on the Sunny. I didn't  understand though. What was so bad about having a skeleton join the  crew?

Looking around the ghost  ship one more time I nodded to myself. There was going to be a lot of  sketching today. First I needed to draw that memory, then I would get to  drawing the newest adventure that was starting to unfold.