Chapter 119: Last Minute Changes

I do not own One Piece

3rd POV
...................................................

When the Straw Hat pirates woke up that morning, there was an unsettling feeling hovering over the ship. They had come up with a plan to free the children, and to free Katsu last night. However, already by morning, things had changed.

The biggest problem they noticed immediately was the absence of their Captain. He had never returned throughout the night. They had enough confidence to believe that he was okay. However, they also had enough confidence to know he was stirring up trouble. Something always went sideways when Monkey D. Luffy went missing.

Then, to top that off, Pollux had returned to their ship early morning with news. Information which pushed their plan into action now.

"Why would they move it to today?" Usopp stressed, pulling at his hair.

Sanji glanced towards Zoro and Robin. All three sharing a similar thought. "Luffy didn't come back last night." That was all Sanji had to say for the crew to let out a collective groan.

"The idiot probably went right up to the palace and demanded Katsu back." Nami sighed, resting her head on the table.

"That'll definitely cause Katsu trouble too." Chopper added worriedly.

"Your Captain seems like a handful." Pollux muttered, feeling sweat trickle down his face.

"I'm learning that the hard way." Law sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"Yohoho! He really is!" Brook grinned as the rest of the crew sighed.

"Our plan!" Chopper cried, "We thought everything through!"

"We need some adjustments." Robin answered, "Nami, how many tickets do you have?"

"Only four." Nami answered, placing down four tickets lined with gold trimming. "No where near enough for everyone."

"That's fine. We're not going to be using them for ourselves anymore." Robin looked towards Law. "You're gonna get us in the stadium. Create a room and switch out some nobles for us."

"Me?" Law scowled, "Why would I do that?"

"Because you still need our help." Zoro answered, glaring at the doctor.

"And, Katsu would probably appreciate the rescue." Robin added, seeing him roll his eyes but not protest anymore. "Pollux, I'm giving you three of the four tickets. You can distribute them to some of the trusted members in either of the poor districts. They need to see what happens in order for a true revolution to begin."

"It is wise that you don't walk in with direct tickets. The royal family knows you are here, so no doubt the guards will be on the look out for you. With your bounty posters, they should be able to notice you all easier. The people don't know how brutal it is." Pollux answered, "Seeing that will definitely change their perspective of the royal family. However, nobody down here would have the clothes."

"Take ours." Usopp demanded, "We got extra clothes just in case!"

Pollux nodded, "Okay, that should work. At least with some other witnesses it may help spread the truth."

Robin nodded, then looked over to the crew. "Franky, Chopper, Nami. You are in charge of the children. Franky, can you set up all the transponder snails in two hours max?"

The Cyborg grinned, lifting his glasses to sit on his head. "You SUPER bet I can!"

"Good. You keep one, and I keep one. Even with the witnesses there, I'll transpond the ceremony. That way if people don't believe what is being seen, there will still be witnesses to prove it true. The three of you will also need to set up in both the lower districts so they can see it happening. Then, Franky, you will show the children working on the building." Robin explained. "Brook, you need to stay here on the ship. Keep an eye on the two doctors, and make sure the ship stays safe. Zoro, Sanji, Usopp, you three come with me to the ceremony."

"Law will need to walk

Pollux nodded, "All the guards will be there, so you will need to send the strongest there."

"You two will be in charge of freeing Katsu and Luffy." Robin pointed to Sanji and Zoro. "Usopp, I'm going to need you and Law to ensure no more guards enter the stadium when we begin to fight."

"I-I." Usopp was shaking, but his face scrunched up to attempt to look brave. "I'll go! I am a brave warrior, and it's only right that I help save Katsu and Luffy!"

"Keeping guards out should be easy enough." Law shrugged.

Robin couldn't help the smile that slid on her face as she slid three tickets towards Pollux, then the last to Law. He needed to enter the stadium before he could get them inside. Though the man was blind, he managed to pick up the tickets just fine.

"I believe I may have forgotten to mention this yesterday." Pollux gained their attention. "You need to be sure to follow the dress code. Nobody but the royal family can wear purple at the coming of age ceremony. It is the color used to symbolize the royal family, so only those with royal blood may wear it. All hair must also be ties up, as only the Royals are allowed to have their hair down."

"Those sound like stupid rules." Zoro rolled his eyes.

"Stupid as they might be, they are still the rules." Pollux explained, "Also, don't be too shocked if your friend has lost a considerable amount of weight. Knowing King Italus has been starving her all up until last night and this morning. She'll have enough energy to complete the ceremony. If she passes then she'll be rewarded dinner. If not, it'll be at least a month in the dungeons without food."

Sanji couldn't contain the growl that came through. "I want nothing more than to kick that bastards face into the ground."

"We all do." Pollux answered, standing up from the table. "Thank you for dinner, and breakfast. I'll carry out my own part. May I please get the clothes?"

Usopp nodded and stood up immediately to grab the clothing. Pollux nodded, moving to stand out on the deck and wait for the pirate to return. A small smile found its way to the old man's face.

He never would have imagined that pirates would be the people to spark hope in him.

Hope that this kingdom could change for the better.

Hope that his sister would be avenged after all this time. Avenged by the pirates whom her grandchild has befriended.

...........................................

End of Chapter 119!

This is not edited.